happy birthday Sandow

Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself.
Behind the Scenes at HOPC: Diane Robert Site Administrator, David Gentle Editor-in-Chief, Gil Waldron Contributing Editor, Ron Tyrrell Contributing Writer, Peter Yates Contributing Editor & Writer. Chris "Sticks" Bostick Art Director, DannyBoy and Harry Hayfield, Forum & Facebook Moderators

Moderators: David Gentle, DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield

happy birthday Sandow

Postby peter yates » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:54 pm

I believe today is the anniversary of Sandow's birth. That is if we really do have an accurate date for it and not one that has just been repeated as if fact.
Regards, Peter.
Peter Yates
peter yates

Re: happy birthday Sandow

Postby Harry Hayfield » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:37 pm

peter yates wrote:I believe today is the anniversary of Sandow's birth. That is if we really do have an accurate date for it and not one that has just been repeated as if fact. Regards, Peter.

Wikipedia does indeed state that his birthdate was April 2nd 1867 but if that date is open to question, the only real way would be to consult with the census records of the Russian Federation
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)
Harry Hayfield

Postby peter yates » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi Harry, while much information has been documented about Sandow and has now become "fact" there is much about his early life that we have only what he wrote as evidence. Who really was Sandow before he created Sandow and where and when was he really born? Anyone know for sure?
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates
peter yates

Postby DannyBoy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:04 am

If April 2nd is indeed Eugen Sandow's true birthday then today would momentously mark the 150th anniversary of his birth.
DannyBoy

Return to New Members - Greetings & Introductions