Hello

Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself.
Behind the Scenes at HOPC: Diane Robert Site Administrator, David Gentle Historian, Gil Waldron Research Historian,Ron Tyrrell Historian, Peter Yates Editor-in-Chief. DannyBoy and Harry Hayfield, Forum & Facebook Moderators

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, David Gentle

t01880

Hello

Post by t01880 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:32 pm

Hello,

I'm new from Massachusetts in the USA. I have a keen interest in much of this material- everything old is new again!
I have been a student of the martial arts for the past 25 years or so, and have had success with isometrics and weight training.

I competed in a powerlifting meet when I was a skinny 19 year old in the 142 lb class.

My best success with regards to health was probably in my 20s- I had no car and had to walk, bike, ride the bus or beg for a ride. I probably averaged a good 5-6 miles a day walking. And I was training very hard in traditional karate, which included tons of bodyweight exercises and tensing during kata practice.

Nowadays I am interested in going through these courses and trying them one by one. Does anyone know who published the first PC course that was either in a book form or thru mail order?

Thanks!

peter yates

Re: Hello

Post by peter yates » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:10 pm

Hello Tom, welcome to the forum. Have you joined the library yet? I am sure you will find much of interest there to keep you occupied for a very long time. As you so rightly say, most of what is being touted as new information today has been done way back in the past,but as most people do not understand the history of training they fail to realize that fact. Best to go back to the sources i feel.Your question about the first mail order course is a good one and i am sure if the answer is known we will find it.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates