HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself.
Behind the Scenes at HOPC: Diane Robert Site Administrator, David Gentle Historian, Gil Waldron Research Historian,Ron Tyrrell Historian, Peter Yates Editor-in-Chief. DannyBoy and Harry Hayfield, Forum & Facebook Moderators

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, David Gentle

peter yates

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Post by peter yates » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:31 pm

To all our members in the USA a very happy thanksgiving for tomorrow. One of my favorite holidays as it does not belong to any one group. Of course everyday should be thanksgiving really.Anyway don't eat too much turkey, especially you Dave Hartnett. ;)
All the best,Peter.
Peter Yates

sticksb

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Post by sticksb » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:31 am

Peter if you were here we would give you "the bird". Have a happy

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:32 am

The same as well from me (with the caveat that we Brits ignore Thanksgiving) although I should point out that "Blue Peter" which is broadcast on a Thursday has mentioned what it is in the past (and may do so again today), the Horrible Histories team have also explained what Thanksgiving is (in an allusion to Jay Z and Alicia Keys) and in the one part that I am not very impressed with "Black Friday" has also crossed the Atlantic.

youtu.be/Ey0ijOkVYbw
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:57 pm

I have so much to be thankful for and I thank God for all I have, on this day & everyday! Happy Thanksgiving, I hope everybody has a blessed day! :)

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:06 pm

I am with you Danny.I am very thankful to David,Gil,Roger and especially Diane for creating and developing this great resource and to the forum members who so generously share their knowledge and experience.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

sticksb

Post by sticksb » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:55 pm

Great post Harry .

DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:11 am

peter yates wrote:I am with you Danny.I am very thankful to David,Gil,Roger and especially Diane for creating and developing this great resource and to the forum members who so generously share their knowledge and experience.
Regards,Peter.
Amen to that, Peter! :)