WELCOME KEV THE REV

Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself.
Behind the Scenes at HOPC: Diane Robert Site Administrator, David Gentle Historian, Gil Waldron Research Historian,Ron Tyrrell Historian, Peter Yates Editor-in-Chief. DannyBoy and Harry Hayfield, Forum & Facebook Moderators

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, David Gentle

peter yates

WELCOME KEV THE REV

Post by peter yates » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:41 am

Hi Kev,
a warm welcome to the forum. Although we have never met i have heard so much about you from David and Gil and all good i might add. I also saw some photos of part of your great collection in Muscle Mob magazine i got from Mobster.I know you have so much knowledge of all aspects of the iron game and it would be great if you would participate in the forum. Also if you have time and /or inclination it would be great if you could post some photos of some of your collection. Although if you are like me you will need your son to help with that. :D
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Harry Hayfield

Re: WELCOME KEV THE REV

Post by Harry Hayfield » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:32 am

peter yates wrote:Hi Kev, a warm welcome to the forum. Although we have never met i have heard so much about you from David and Gil and all good i might add. I also saw some photos of part of your great collection in Muscle Mob magazine i got from Mobster.I know you have so much knowledge of all aspects of the iron game and it would be great if you would participate in the forum. Also if you have time and /or inclination it would be great if you could post some photos of some of your collection. Although if you are like me you will need your son to help with that. :D
Regards,Peter.
If there is one small drawback to having an interest in all things physical culture related, it is the fact that some of the names mentioned in this forum mean nothing to me even though it is clear from Peter's introduction that you are one of the pros in this business. Therefore could I ask if "the Rev" element refers to the fact that you are ordained as a Christian priest or whether it refers to something else?
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

Gil Waldron

Post by Gil Waldron » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:02 am

Hi Kev
Welcome to the forum,and library As one of country's experts on Sandow, I know you've been on a journey to discover the real Sandow, the man behind the myth. Please share some of it. As Peter says you have a fantastic collection, and I know it is displayed in a local club. Lets see the pictures. Just for those who don't know you, you are not a priest but one of the nicest guys in Physical Culture. Welcome on board my great friend

Gil
Gil Waldron
Chief Moderator
Research Historian/Contributing Editor
https://davidgentle.com

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:02 pm

Kev 'the rev' Collings - a man amongst men. And what a collection!

Gil Waldron

Post by Gil Waldron » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:30 pm

I'll gladly second that

Gil
Gil Waldron
Chief Moderator
Research Historian/Contributing Editor
https://davidgentle.com

kev the rev 13

Post by kev the rev 13 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:38 pm

Hi Gil,
Many thanks to everyone for a lovely warm welcome! I'm a very humble person and certainly don't class myself as an expert. However I have been a collector of Sandow memorabilia for a lot of years and it has enriched my life in many ways through friendship, which is worth more than gold.Sadly we are all living in a materialistic world where everyone knows the price of everything, but not its true value. I am known around the globe as Kev the rev, my old mate Laurie Smith in Australia, gave me that name over 20 years ago and it has stuck with me. I'm not a reverent but I am a humanitarian and it costs nothing to be nice. I'm not well up on these computers. I hope you all bear with me for my slow response. I hope I can contribute something of interest to this wonderful forum of people, who have the same love of our sport.

" Do Good by Stealth and Blush to Find it Known."
Kindest regards Kevin.

DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Welcome to the HOPC forum, Kevin! Glad to have you aboard and I look forward to whatever contributions you may make. :)