Greetings from Spain

Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself.
Behind the Scenes at HOPC: Diane Robert Site Administrator, David Gentle Historian, Gil Waldron Research Historian, Peter Yates Editor-in-Chief. and Harry Hayfield, Facebook Moderator. Acknowledgements to the late Chris "Sticks" Bostick, HOPC Art Director and the late Ron Tyrrell, Historian.

Moderator: David Gentle

Sergio44

Greetings from Spain

Post by Sergio44 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:11 pm

Hello, my name is Sergio Rodriguez, from Alicante, Spain. 43 years old. I studied Chemical Engineer and now I am science teacher. I began training with weights in 2006. Few weeks after the start, I discovered an article from David Gentle that change my future in this Iron world: "The Magic of Reg Park" - I became a member of the regpark.net forum and later his administer till the end a few years ago. In 2010, I create my own website regpark.eu as a tribute to Reg Park (also John grimek and others) till this day.

Harry Hayfield

Re: Greetings from Spain

Post by Harry Hayfield » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:43 pm

Sergio44 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:11 pm
Hello, my name is Sergio Rodriguez, from Alicante, Spain. 43 years old. I studied Chemical Engineer and now I am science teacher. I began training with weights in 2006. Few weeks after the start, I discovered an article from David Gentle that change my future in this Iron world: "The Magic of Reg Park" - I became a member of the regpark.net forum and later his administer till the end a few years ago. In 2010, I create my own website regpark.eu as a tribute to Reg Park (also John grimek and others) till this day.
The first immediate question is "Are you all right down there?" In Alicante there have been 219 deaths so far (with a total of 511 in the province of Valencia as a whole) therefore we hope that you are self isolating with the best of us and keeping well. With regard to the website, could you give us a guide as to what the website contains please (as it is possible that we might be able to send some more information your way?)
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

Sergio44

Post by Sergio44 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:44 am

Yes, thank you Harry. My wife and I have spent 22 days isolated. We are fine. Here the infections are falling, but I think we have still two months of isolation ahead.
regpark.eu has got a short biography of the first years of Reg in bodybuilding. A good collection of videos about him, brief sketches of his five films and I think the best compilation of Reg Park articles of the world wide web that is still being updated and growing. Also articles of John Grimek and other bodybuilders of the 50s. And also there is a forum with more information, photos, training logs, etc.

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:32 am

Hello Sergio and a warm welcome to the forum.As Harry mentioned i hope you and your family are keeping safe at this time. Reg Park was one of my early iron game heroes,a strong man and a gentleman and a great role model for young men.It is good to see his memory is being honored and information available for the new generations. Maybe some of them will realize that hard work on a good program with consistent practice and a good wholesome diet will be all they need to reach their own personal potential and not resort to the downward spiral of taking the vast array of drugs available today.You are doing a great job.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Sergio44

Post by Sergio44 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:27 pm

Thank you very much, Peter. I think exactly the same. Current bodybuilders have a lot to learn from Reg.