Hi everyone from Tom Balchin in England

Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself.
Behind the Scenes at HOPC: Diane Robert Site Administrator, David Gentle Historian, Gil Waldron Research Historian,Ron Tyrrell Historian, Peter Yates Editor-in-Chief. DannyBoy and Harry Hayfield, Forum & Facebook Moderators

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, David Gentle

Tom Balchin

Hi everyone from Tom Balchin in England

Post by Tom Balchin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:23 am

Hi to David and all Board Members,

I've just found this site and it looks great - I've got most of David's books incl the History of Physical Culture and two copies of the excellent Amazing Grip Strength (getting hard to find now!)- in which I first saw that iconic pic of Richard Sorin. I've just noticed my friend Steve's handle (Mobster) here, which is great - he is, with David Horne, probably the most respected grip man in the UK and I'm lucky enough to have had him teach me a thing or two. I have a collection of vintage barbells and dumbbells -some extremely rare ones - and will share them via youtube link I have put up and pics etc...

All the best, Tom

DannyBoy

Re: Hi everyone from Tom Balchin in England

Post by DannyBoy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:30 am

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum! Believe it or not, we've actually discussed you here on this forum thanks to Peter Yates sharing a couple videos displaying your awesome iron game collection a couple months ago, which I must say is super impressive! It's great to have you join the forum and I, as I'm sure everyone else will, look forward to any contribution you make here. :)

Here's a link to the thread where we discussed you & your collection if you're interested in checking it out:
FANTASTIC COLLECTION

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:05 am

Hi Tom you are most welcome, its a good job you dont live near otherwise we would need two houses and more to stack our stuff your collection of weights is awesome. keep contributing you have so much to offer, this site gets better and better thanks to Dianes hard work. David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
https://davidgentle.com

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:57 pm

HI TOM,
A WARM WELCOME TO THE SITE. IT IS PLEASURE TO HAVE YOU ON THE FORUM. WE ARE ALL JEALOUS OF YOUR COLLECTION BUT GLAD THAT THOSE TREASURES HAVE FOUND A GOOD HOME.WE ARE ALSO INSPIRED BY YOUR WORK WITH STROKE REHAB. LOOKING FORWARD TO ANY CONTRIBUTIONS YOU MAY BRING TO THE SITE IN THE FORM OF ARTICLES OR FORUM POSTS. AS DAVID SAID THE SITE IS DRAWING A GROUP OF GIFTED INDIVIDUALS AND GROWING STRONGER UNDER THE ABLE GUIDANCE OF ADMINISTRATOR DIANE.
REGARDS, PETER.
Peter Yates

sticksb

Post by sticksb » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:00 am

Greetings Tom . Pleasure to have you on the site . Enjoyed the wonderful video of your iron collection
and the impressive dedication and innovation displayed . Looking forward to interacting and sharing
ideas and maybe a few laughs ... Sticks

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:53 am

If you've not checked it out already check it out now (link to follow(. The work Tom does with stroke rehab patients is outstanding: http://www.arni.uk.com/

Tom Balchin

Post by Tom Balchin » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:30 am

David Gentle wrote:Hi Tom you are most welcome, its a good job you dont live near otherwise we would need two houses and more to stack our stuff your collection of weights is awesome. keep contributing you have so much to offer, this site gets better and better thanks to Dianes hard work. David Gentle
Thank you so much David - it is an honour to receive this note from you and to be able to contribute to this outstanding site... ;) ;)

Tom Balchin

Post by Tom Balchin » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:33 am

peter yates wrote:HI TOM,
A WARM WELCOME TO THE SITE. IT IS PLEASURE TO HAVE YOU ON THE FORUM. WE ARE ALL JEALOUS OF YOUR COLLECTION BUT GLAD THAT THOSE TREASURES HAVE FOUND A GOOD HOME.WE ARE ALSO INSPIRED BY YOUR WORK WITH STROKE REHAB. LOOKING FORWARD TO ANY CONTRIBUTIONS YOU MAY BRING TO THE SITE IN THE FORM OF ARTICLES OR FORUM POSTS. AS DAVID SAID THE SITE IS DRAWING A GROUP OF GIFTED INDIVIDUALS AND GROWING STRONGER UNDER THE ABLE GUIDANCE OF ADMINISTRATOR DIANE.
REGARDS, PETER.
Thank you so much Peter- and also thank you for your kind comments on the video link I put up a while back on youtube - your interest and passion for iron history and culture shines through... many thanks! Tom

Tom Balchin

Post by Tom Balchin » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:40 am

Mobster wrote:If you've not checked it out already check it out now (link to follow(. The work Tom does with stroke rehab patients is outstanding: http://www.arni.uk.com/
Thanks so much Steve! Looking forward to seeing you soon - I actually have an extremely limited edition publication for you (I've edited) that I meant to give you at Christmas time - but didn't because I think it still needs improvement in the presentation - but the bound draft is yours... I'll send it over ;) ;)

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:28 am

Woooooooowwwwwww. Awesome. I look forward to it. :D