Well, this is an innovation

Join the discussion group on topics related to Martial Arts, Boxing, Wrestling and MMA. Share your experience or pose questions to our Moderators.

Moderators: peter yates, David Gentle

Well, this is an innovation

Postby Harry Hayfield » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:05 am

(Source: Coshocton County Beacon)

WEST LAFAYETTE – The Ridgewood High School Rent-A-Wrestler fundraiser will be Saturday, April 30.
Area residents can rent a wrestler for a maximum of two hours for at least a $10 donation per wrestler, per hour for odd jobs performed. The wrestlers will work in pairs to do odd jobs, clean up, help residents with loading, hauling, yard work, painting, lifting, organizing, etc. Your extra junk also can be hauled away. Items accepted for removal are: Appliances, grills, lawn chairs, batteries, mowers, transmissions, pipe, bikes, tires with rims, copper, bed springs, metal frames, wood and old vehicles. Certain activity is restricted such as the wrestlers operating equipment or machinery, and all work must be done on site. Wrestlers cannot be transported by a resident to another location.
Rent-a-Wrestler is a fundraiser of the Ridgewood Wrestling Boosters. To schedule a wrestler to help you, call Dianne at 740-502-5288.

Are schools in the United States so hard up they have to hire out their wrestling teams to perform community projects?
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)
Harry Hayfield

Re: Well, this is an innovation

Postby DannyBoy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Harry Hayfield wrote:(Source: Coshocton County Beacon)

WEST LAFAYETTE – The Ridgewood High School Rent-A-Wrestler fundraiser will be Saturday, April 30.
Area residents can rent a wrestler for a maximum of two hours for at least a $10 donation per wrestler, per hour for odd jobs performed. The wrestlers will work in pairs to do odd jobs, clean up, help residents with loading, hauling, yard work, painting, lifting, organizing, etc. Your extra junk also can be hauled away. Items accepted for removal are: Appliances, grills, lawn chairs, batteries, mowers, transmissions, pipe, bikes, tires with rims, copper, bed springs, metal frames, wood and old vehicles. Certain activity is restricted such as the wrestlers operating equipment or machinery, and all work must be done on site. Wrestlers cannot be transported by a resident to another location.
Rent-a-Wrestler is a fundraiser of the Ridgewood Wrestling Boosters. To schedule a wrestler to help you, call Dianne at 740-502-5288.

Are schools in the United States so hard up they have to hire out their wrestling teams to perform community projects?

Renting out wrestlers to do odd jobs for fundraising is a new one on me, but different schools do different kinds of fundraisers for various causes or needs. I think this is a good idea for a fundraiser actually, though I'd imagine it's likely not the first time it's ever been done. Ridgewood High School's wrestling program may be, or since they're trying to raise funds for it, probably is in some need. Anyway, how hard up any schools may be, or their financial needs, would vary from state to state, school district to school district, school to school, school program to school program.
DannyBoy

Return to Combat Arts and Sports