SKETCHBOOK

The entertaining and talented artwork of the late Chris "Sticks" Bostick.
peter yates

Re: SKETCHBOOK

Post by peter yates » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:16 pm

sticksb wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:36 pm
peter yates wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:50 pm
sticksb wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:49 pm
[attachment=0]IMG.jpg
Bring back happy memories Chris?
The bouncers at the "Big O" could have used a little of your martial arts expertise Peter.
This was a rough joint with a lot of football , basketball players and wrestlers competing
for terf and the attention of the ladies . Could have used you and the Mobster at time &
a half and all the beer and wings (or sausages) you could hold ...
Hi Chris, one bar i worked at in Perth,Australia used to get visiting US Navy and Marines.A few drinks and these guys went a bit wild and i had my hands full.Interesting though if i managed the one who was the ringleader the otheSr stepped back and not as would have thought dived in to help him. That usually got their respect for me and mine for them.Crazy days a lifetime ago.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Thu May 02, 2019 5:18 pm

Sometime ago I stated that if I was in the position to do, I would ask Sticks to do some drawings for my stories about the Musketeers. I am pleased to state that that position has now arrived and knowing how much Sticks loves to draw feats of incredible strength and muscle, therefore would ask him to draw (as only he can) the following to confirm my theory that he would make an excellent artist for my book (which would see him earn some money and a credit in my book)

Henri and Porthos, battling a bull, with Porthos pushing on the horns and Henri pulling on the tail in order to prevent it from trampling a small baby. Both men are straining themselves to the limit but it is clear that this is a true test of their strength, a test that they succeed in.
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Thu May 02, 2019 5:31 pm

Help, help, I am really missing our mate and mainstay, Chris aka Sticks, Where are you mate? i look at the site daily and have noticed a huge gap and the missing person is you.We need you Chris, your work is amazing and it was not until i down loaded the strand pulling book i just realised how much work you had put into it, without your input it would not be worth a dime.Your humour, talent and most of all down right friendship are beyond value, so get back to those pencils and pens, we love you to bits mate. David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
https://davidgentle.com

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Wed May 15, 2019 11:03 pm

Just going through the site reminds me what fantastic contributions Sticks gave us. The humor,the training tips,equipment plans, just priceless. So grateful he left so much for us but sure do miss him.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Talbot

Post by Talbot » Thu May 16, 2019 3:40 pm

@Peter: Me too! Sticks was a great asset to HOPC.