3 Stooges Bass / York T-Shirt :)

This is the place for general chat and discussing topics unrelated to Physical Culture and it's history.

Moderator: DannyBoy

dhartnet

3 Stooges Bass / York T-Shirt :)

Post by dhartnet » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:05 pm

Decided to start playing again, small steps. Pulled out my 3 Stooges bass,and my York T-shirt.
Did a quick 2-minute video, phone is fading in and out,must be a recognition setting I need to shut off.

Anyways, might do a band again in the near future, but small steps, been playing a bit daily just to get fingers moving again.

youtu.be/QNrdat_IK64
---------
~Dave

peter yates

Re: 3 Stooges Bass / York T-Shirt :)

Post by peter yates » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:48 pm

Looking good Dave, i like the beard. When the music is in your blood and soul you just got to express it. I cannot sing or play an instrument but i sure can dance. :lol: Anyway with Skype maybe you, Sticks and Dave can team up your talents. ;)
Peter Yates

sticksb

Post by sticksb » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:49 pm

Super chops . Rig sounds smooth .What are you playing through ?

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Hi Dave,love you on the guitar and getting the fingers back in. I must have played for decades, from army days to in the pubs, couple of years ago, sort of left it of, then i hear a good blues tune and get the old guitar out again and bend a few strings, only thing i find is now my finger tips are soft and it hurts for a while until they get used to it again. I used to smoke back in the pub playing days and my fingers could take a lit cigaret, now its remembering the chords, when we first started it was skiffle, three chords, c, f and g7, then one cheeky guys said hey, how about putting in an a minor, and so it went on, great time , lots of free beers crumpet and fights, what you call a good night out. Take it easy, best wishes mate, David Gentle, signature tune "Birth of the blues".
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
http://davidgentle.com

dhartnet

Post by dhartnet » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:56 pm

Sticks, I sold off my pro gear, and just play thru the 1st Amp I ever bought, its just a small "Peavy TKO 80", but its 40 years old, and still great. David, thats great, I also played guitar (and lead vox) in a band also, but Bass is my thing. Good to hear you still have the ear for music,and break out the guitar on occasion.

David may have heard of Rory Gallagher since he's a guitar guy, here's my old band doing that around 16 years ago. (Me on guitar and vox):

youtu.be/kd12H6eZDwc
---------
~Dave

dhartnet

Post by dhartnet » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:13 pm

I still a decent amount of stuff, I just didnt want the huge bass rig hanging around any more. That was used back in the late 80's/early 90's with my metal band (Terrahsphere). IF you Google Terrahsphere, a ton of stuff comes up as we were signed to a fairly big label at the time. But I warn you, not for the faint of heart. :)

I then did "Wicked Peace" with the Terrahsphere drummer,and we slowed things down a bit.

https://youtu.be/WFFTuvI6fQU

I still have my little basement studio, just looking to get back into it at a hobby level...
Attachments
music-3.JPG
music-3.JPG (108.15 KiB) Viewed 34 times
music-2.JPG
music-2.JPG (73.72 KiB) Viewed 34 times
music-1.JPG
music-1.JPG (87.8 KiB) Viewed 34 times
---------
~Dave

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Hi Dave, just in case you are not familiar with David's reference to Beer and crumpet and think it is something eaten at breakfast with jam, it refers to young ladies, usually of the willing sort.
Regards,Peter.
Last edited by peter yates on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Yates

dhartnet

Post by dhartnet » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:37 pm

peter yates wrote:Hi Dave, just in case you are not familiar with the reference to Beer and crumpet and think it is something eaten at breakfast with jam, it refers to young ladies, usually of the willing sort.
Regards,Peter.
Thanks Peter, didnt realize that. It's funny, all of us in our band were married or partnered up, and non-cheaters, so we were very boring. We'd go out back after a gig, drink a few beers,and be on our way. ;)
---------
~Dave

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi Dave and fellow musicians, one of the easy things you can do now is just google a tune and ask for chords , words and music, i do it all the time and have a great collection, by the way, just loved the sight of the guitars, almost as m uch as i love the pix of the collections of old time solid dumbells,must be nuts. Back to the music, we had some good real musicians in our gang, a great sax and claranet player, who had played with famous names. we were advertised as "The Whisky Macks" reason being the drink whisky mack, ginger and whisky, was our favourite tipple. To get music sheets in those days(50s Jerry Lee Lewis, Fats Domino et al) was expensive to buy, so we nicked all the music from the little seats they used to have in front of pub pianos, all for the love of music. oh, i also played harmonica at the same time to give it some melody. I come from a musical family, my grand dad was THE Bandmaster of the Royal Hampshire regiment and also conducted, his old house was full of instruments in every room . great days. DAvid Gentle and thanks to Peter for translating my occasional ryhming slang and colloqual English I speak two languages, English and Obscene, with a little bit of romany thrown in to confuse and ask a pro wrestler what "Kayefabe" is....??? and you thought wrestling was real......
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
http://davidgentle.com

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:46 pm

Ah, the old Kayafabe. Is it true or is it just the story line? Word probably originated from the traveling carnivals which featured wrestlers. Well show or not wrestlers are some of the toughest blokes i have met and the type you want in your corner in a fight. My mate who wrestled in the Isle of Man took on many roles including a Canadian Indian. While the fights were generally worked out before hand there were occasions when things would really get out of hand due to real rivalries. As a local wrestler he was always expected to lose when the British and Irish lads came over.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates