The Unquenchable Thirst of Dracula on BBC Radio 4 10/28/17

This is the place for general chat and discussing topics unrelated to Physical Culture and its history.

Moderator: DannyBoy

DannyBoy

The Unquenchable Thirst of Dracula on BBC Radio 4 10/28/17

Post by DannyBoy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:25 pm

Now this is very interesting; an unmade Hammer Films script titled "The Unquenchable Thirst of Dracula" written by Anthony Hinds (producer & writer of many Hammer films, and son of Hammer co-founder William Hinds) and set in 1930s India, which apparently was originally suppose to be the next film in Hammer's Dracula series after 1970's Scars of Dracula, has been adapted for radio and will be broadcast tomorrow on BBC Radio 4. If only Christopher Lee was still alive to portray Dracula once more. Anyway, I hope this will end up online at some point so that those of us Hammer Horror fans who aren't in the UK can listen to it sometime.

http://www.hammerfilms.com/unmade-dracu ... ht-of-day/

peter yates

Re: The Unquenchable Thirst of Dracula on BBC Radio 4 10/28/

Post by peter yates » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi Danny,
i must say thank you for reminding me of these marvelous Hammer Horror movies, especially the Vampire ones. Always been a fan of vampires in general and Dracula in particular. My mother had stacks of such books and i would stay home from school reading them often which i thought was a better use of my time. ;) Also saw most of the Hammer movies when they first came out and am now going to rediscover them again thanks to your revues.
Regards.Peter.
Peter Yates

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:46 pm

DannyBoy wrote:Now this is very interesting; an unmade Hammer Films script titled "The Unquenchable Thirst of Dracula" and set in 1930s India, which apparently was originally suppose to be the next film in Hammer's Dracula series after 1970's Scars of Dracula, has been adapted for radio and will be broadcast tomorrow on BBC Radio 4. If only Christopher Lee was still alive to portray Dracula once more. Anyway, I hope this will end up online at some point so that those of us Hammer Horror fans who aren't in the UK can listen to it sometime.

http://www.hammerfilms.com/unmade-dracu ... ht-of-day/
All BBC radio programmes are available for 30 days via the BBC iPlayer Radio app (however only people in the UK with a TV licence are able to access to service)
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:18 pm

peter yates wrote:Hi Danny,
i must say thank you for reminding me of these marvelous Hammer Horror movies, especially the Vampire ones. Always been a fan of vampires in general and Dracula in particular. My mother had stacks of such books and i would stay home from school reading them often which i thought was a better use of my time. ;) Also saw most of the Hammer movies when they first came out and am now going to rediscover them again thanks to your revues.
Regards.Peter.
Oh you're welcome Peter, I'm glad to reignite your interest in Hammer Horror. Thank you for the kind complement! :)

DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:20 pm

Harry Hayfield wrote:All BBC radio programmes are available for 30 days via the BBC iPlayer Radio app (however only people in the UK with a TV licence are able to access to service)
Yeah, that won't work for me unfortunately since I'm not in the UK. Hopefully "The Unquenchable Thirst of Dracula" will be uploaded to YouTube or somewhere similar at some point.