Storm Callum has caused lots of damage throughout Wales

This is the place for general chat and discussing topics unrelated to Physical Culture and its history.

Moderator: DannyBoy

Harry Hayfield

Storm Callum has caused lots of damage throughout Wales

Post by Harry Hayfield » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:35 pm

as pictures from the BBC are testament to, Ceredigion, the county I live in, has been one of the worst hit with reports of flooding of cafes in the south of the county, villages in the middle and waves battering the main seaside towns, but of all the pictures published this picture is the most upsettting for me

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo4UMEdj4Rc ... hare_sheet

That is a picture of the gym I train at in Aberaeron, flooded with up to four inches of river water from a river that is at least 63 inches (5ft 3 inches) above flood stage and the owner doesn't know how long it will take for the gym to dry out. The river has never been this high since records began in 2008, but I am pleased to say that lots of us have all promised to help (whether it is practical things like cleaning it up or my suggestion of nagging the council to provide sandbags in case of more rain events) and I am sure that he will get the gym up and running again as soon as possible.
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

Mobster

Re: Storm Callum has caused lots of damage throughout Wales

Post by Mobster » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:02 pm

As Harry knows we had some issues in my area too. The rivers dropped 4 feet since yesterday thank goodness.

peter yates

Re: Storm Callum has caused lots of damage throughout Wales

Post by peter yates » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi guys, sorry to hear about your flooding troubles,i know from personal experience what that is like, after Sandy in 2011. Of course over here whole communities in Florida have just been totally devastated. Prayers go out to all affected by these storms.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates