Olympic Musclebuilders

Topics that focus on building strength and muscle using old school and modern training techniques. Post questions, share training tips and programs.

Moderator: sticksb

Olympic Musclebuilders

Postby alh1962 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:23 am

Good Evening,

Has anyone heard of "Olympic Musclebuilders" bodybuilding course? It was a 12
lesson course published in Ontario Canada by Robert Kennedy in the early 70s?

Thank you for your time.
alh1962

Re: Olympic Musclebuilders

Postby colinkbell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:06 pm

Sorry I haven't heard of that one. Peter Yates could know, but I think he is away on holidays. Hope you get sorted!
Colin
" Strengthen ye the weak hands and confirm the feeble knees" Isaiah 35 v3
colinkbell

Postby Tom K » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:40 pm

alh1962 wrote:Good Evening,

Has anyone heard of "Olympic Musclebuilders" bodybuilding course? It was a 12
lesson course published in Ontario Canada by Robert Kennedy in the early 70s?

Thank you for your time.

Sometimes the best bet is to find a national library and see if they have it archived. I managed to grab many photocopies of Reg Park magazines at the British Library, they attempt to collate everything that is published within the country. If it was published in the UK, it should be there- although sometimes if it was mail order only you won't find it. If it was sold in shops then it will be there, although sometimes they aren't indexed very well. Perhaps David Gentle has a copy?
Tom K

Postby David Gentle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi Tom, I worked for Bob and his mate Gino, and Muscle Mag published and sold dozens of books and courses. When i get time i will look up old copies and find the ad for the course you mention. All Bobs stuff was good value and quality unlike some other publishers who sold some poorly produced material. If you can hone the date down more,it would give me a bettter chance of finding it. Meanwhile i recommend you obtain Bobs best book MUSCLEMAG ENCYCLOPEDIA OF BODYBUILDING.,"The Ultimate A to Z book on muscle building. By Gerrd Thorne and Phil Embleton published by MM International 635 pages, the ultimate reference guide to building a fitness level and physique to be proud of. Personally i think it beats all the other "Encyclopiedias of bodybuilding you can find out there., some amazing photos including what i think must be the best one i have seen on Ferrigno on page 325 in semi relaxed pose. it was published in 1997 in Canada.and cost about $30. David Gentle p.s. as you know sadly Bob died,but Gino Edwards aka Johnny Fitness currently writes for the UK mag Health and Strength.
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
http://davidgentle.com
David Gentle

Postby alh1962 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Thanks for your response. Olympic Musclebuilders 12 lesson course was a mail order written in 1972 in connection with Health Culture out of Brampton Ontario Canada. :)
alh1962

Postby peter yates » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:29 pm

David Gentle wrote:Hi Tom, I worked for Bob and his mate Gino, and Muscle Mag published and sold dozens of books and courses. When i get time i will look up old copies and find the ad for the course you mention. All Bobs stuff was good value and quality unlike some other publishers who sold some poorly produced material. If you can hone the date down more,it would give me a bettter chance of finding it. Meanwhile i recommend you obtain Bobs best book MUSCLEMAG ENCYCLOPEDIA OF BODYBUILDING.,"The Ultimate A to Z book on muscle building. By Gerrd Thorne and Phil Embleton published by MM International 635 pages, the ultimate reference guide to building a fitness level and physique to be proud of. Personally i think it beats all the other "Encyclopiedias of bodybuilding you can find out there., some amazing photos including what i think must be the best one i have seen on Ferrigno on page 325 in semi relaxed pose. it was published in 1997 in Canada.and cost about $30. David Gentle p.s. as you know sadly Bob died,but Gino Edwards aka Johnny Fitness currently writes for the UK mag Health and Strength.

Hey David,you hid that one from me.Though it might not have fit in my bag anyway. :D
Peter Yates
peter yates

Postby alh1962 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:28 am

I wanted to narrow down the date when Olympic Musclebuilders was probably written: close to Dec 1977.
alh1962

Postby sticksb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:44 pm

alh1962 wrote:I wanted to narrow down the date when Olympic Musclebuilders was probably written: close to Dec 1977.
Looks like April of 76'. Not sure . Looking through old Ironmans .
sticksb

Postby alh1962 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:24 am

How can I email Gino Edwards who is Robert Kennedy's best friend?
alh1962

Postby peter yates » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi, Gino Edwards is now a contributor to Health and Strength magazine. The owner Jo-Anne Feesey is a member on this site so you could PM her and she could maybe put you in touch with Gino.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates
peter yates

Return to Weight Training