Gripstrength training

Topics that focus on building strength and muscle using old school and modern training techniques. Post questions, share training tips and programs.

Moderator: peter yates

Henk1966

Re: Gripstrength training

Post by Henk1966 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:38 pm

Nice!I use the sandow second generation spring grip dumbell,these ones you can change from 10 to 50 kg,they work nicely.The collections I see in the pictures look awsome,interesting to workout with!

DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:30 pm

Mobster wrote:Hows the rounded style of the Alpha grips feel?
The Alpha Grips feel very comfortable to me and they fit the hand nicely, and the grooves are spaced perfectly and help. Of course I don't have any experience using an actual thick bar or any other similar thick grip attachment like Fat Gripz which aren't contoured to fit the hand, so I guess it's possible someone who's used to using those might think the Alpha Grips feel odd or may not like the feel of them or something. I don't know, but I do know I like the Alpha Grips and sometime down the road I'll probably get the Alpha Grips 3.0 to train with. Though my grip strength still has a ways to go before that.

DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:42 pm

Henk1966 wrote:Nice!I use the sandow second generation spring grip dumbell,these ones you can change from 10 to 50 kg,they work nicely.The collections I see in the pictures look awsome,interesting to workout with!
I have some Sandow Spring Grip Dumbbells, but admittedly I haven't used them regularly or too much at all really.

This pair of the 7-spring gentleman's nickel plated dumbbells with leather clothed handles.

This pair with 7-springs and handles contoured to fit the palm & fingers.

This 7-spring single, which has the best/strongest springs of the ones I have.

I also have a pair of 5-spring H. Broom spring grip dumbbells which are made of wood.

And I have this chest expander with spring grip handles.

Henk1966

Post by Henk1966 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:32 pm

Nice collection Dannyboy,

I like the 7 spring contoured ones.They look awsome.I have the three,four,five and seven spring dumbells, two developersets,first and second generation ,two chestexpanders and spring grip bells with bells,two different types.

I also own four original books written by Eugen Sandow,all first editions.

Regards,

Henk

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:26 pm

Henk1966 wrote:Goodmorning all,

man,I,m gonna move....Peter...you got a spare room???Nice collection!

I hope to shoot some pic,s today.

I will check cooltools,thanks for the tip an great to be here guys!!

Have a great day,

Henk
Hi Henk, the great photos are Dave's not mine unfortunately. He has a wonderful home gym.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:31 pm

DannyBoy wrote:
Henk1966 wrote:Nice!I use the sandow second generation spring grip dumbell,these ones you can change from 10 to 50 kg,they work nicely.The collections I see in the pictures look awsome,interesting to workout with!
I have some Sandow Spring Grip Dumbbells, but admittedly I haven't used them regularly or too much at all really.

This pair of the 7-spring gentleman's nickel plated dumbbells with leather clothed handles.

This pair with 7-springs and handles contoured to fit the palm & fingers.

This 7-spring single, which has the best/strongest springs of the ones I have.
Hey Danny, nice collection. The Broom ones are interesting and the first i have seen although i have seen and add for them.
Regards,Peter.

I also have a pair of 5-spring H. Broom spring grip dumbbells which are made of wood.

And I have this chest expander with spring grip handles.
Peter Yates

dhartnet

Post by dhartnet » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:04 am

Great Sandow stuff, I have some kicking around here as well. (I sold a bunch also, just too much stuff hanging around).
Kept some pairs for myself though as well...

Cleaning out a garage stall this spring, hope to build a display for some of my bells. Julie keeps tripping on them on her way to the laundry room, I just tell her to "look where she's going". Didn't go over well.
Attachments
globes-1.JPG
globes-1.JPG (91.99 KiB) Viewed 4280 times
---------
~Dave

Henk1966

Post by Henk1966 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:14 am

Maybe this is a sign...sell some more.....to erhmmm....me? :lol: :lol:

My room is great but yours is awsome as well,what great stuff to own and having the ultimate pleasure of working out with!

Have a nice weekend,

regards,

Henk

Viking

Post by Viking » Tue May 29, 2018 12:52 pm

Hello,

Hangboard training, as often done in climbing can be interesting.
https://www.99boulders.com/beginner-hangboard-training

Kind regards,

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Thu May 31, 2018 4:07 pm

Are we all mad? or what!. I just love the photos of the weights and mixed apparatus and showing the wife some of the photos makes her appreciate just how tidy my own den is. Sometimes she has to hoover the den out, which means her moving a lot of dumbells, but someone's got to do it........David Gentle. I am sure if we all got together, we could make a good show up against the Texas museum.
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
https://davidgentle.com