Vince Gironda

Topics that focus on building strength and muscle using old school and modern training techniques. Post questions, share training tips and programs.

Moderator: peter yates

danhager

Vince Gironda

Post by danhager » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:34 pm

So, I bought an old copy of "Unleashing the Wild Physique", so I can try the aesthetic route. But I can't figure out a suggested routine from the book. I get the impression that the book was never intended to replace a gym membership at Vince's. Is it really just a book of suggested exercises?

peter yates

Re: Vince Gironda

Post by peter yates » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:10 pm

Hi Danhager,sorry i have not read the book,but perhaps David or Ray or other members have.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Talbot

Post by Talbot » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:57 am

@danhager, Vince's book IS a bunch of suggested exercises, that you can pick and choose from, based on what your personal goals are. He didn't have general, one size fits all type programs, because in the real world those type of programs don't really work for anyone. He couldn't be there in person for everyone, however he was able to recommend the exercises and diet that did get results based on their own goals. There are plenty of exercises, diets, and supplements, that are a complete waste of your time and money, so take Vince's advice as the "heads up" help, that it was meant to be.

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:10 am

The book you mention was actually written by Bob Kennedy and as you have realised is a bit of a mix something for everyone sort of item. If you want the real gen on what Gironda would have suggested , and as other members have described, those all for everyone sort of schedules just dont work, we are all unique. anyway, contact Karl Coyne, mention this site please and try to get him via either vincessecretlocker2@gmail.com or usapoland40@yahoo.com he has just about covered literally all of Vinces ideas, hundreds of schedules and systems from which to choose, he sells some gigantic books on Vince so expect a sales pitch, but they are good value, again please mention our web site as one plug deserves another, finally a bit of a warning, Gironda was considered by many as a nut case, so believe what you like. Basic schedules with medium reps and poundages, make sure you include squats, plenty of ab work, always keeping knees bent to save the lower back, experiment with your diet, still considered by some as 80 percent of the importance towards the type of physique you desire. when or if you write back, let us know what schedule you are trying out, and dont defeat the object by overtraining, muscles need rest to recover and grow. David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
https://davidgentle.com

dassaheza

Post by dassaheza » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:33 am

Yes, general programs are not very effective, since each person needs their own training program, taking into account goals and physiology.