Training Logs for 2020

Topics that focus on building strength and muscle using old school and modern training techniques. Post questions, share training tips and programs.

Moderator: peter yates

Mobster

Re: Training Logs for 2020

Post by Mobster » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:13 am

Thursday
Trained solo (buddy f'ked up a medical appt time)
Close Grip Bench Press
took a light day and did 4 x 3 reps with 140-kilos

s/s

Iso Lever Low Rows
to 130/132.5 kilos x 4+1/5 reps (LH/RH)

DOHTBDL
my fave gym belt is nearly fucked so trained without a belt. It made me dizzy so I had to do rest pause lol
to 192.5-kilos x 4 r/p reps

Bwt: 303lbs

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:48 am

Friday
Seated Press
to 110-kilos x 1 rep. It was like a rock. Both us jumped over to the Iso Press and worked to 80kg a side x 3/4 reps (L/R)

Hammer DB Curls
to 90-kilos x 7 reps

Paul wants to snatch a 60kg dumbbell so we played with that (he made 50kg). Some clean and jerks and some snatch.

TPD
to 15.5p x 8 reps (horrid handle)

Bwt: 302lbs

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:51 am

RickHarley wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:17 am
Thank you for share it. It would be better if you add to these training logs thread about supplements or AAS. My friends advised me buy on https://musclesfax.ws/
So... you added a link to a site that sells HGH and Peptides and you want what... me to advise you? You know this is a Physical Culture forum right? What I do and what advise I give elsewhere doesn't happen here. For several reasons but No1 is no one wants to know nor asks.

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:51 am

Hey Rick, Steve is right.While we understand that some people may take or want to stake PEDs, there are many forums and sites out there where such information is available.This is not one of them and our focus is Physical Culture history, its development and training for the natural athlete.No problem with discussing supplements though.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:47 am

peter yates wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:51 am
Hey Rick, Steve is right.While we understand that some people may take or want to stake PEDs, there are many forums and sites out there where such information is available.This is not one of them and our focus is Physical Culture history, its development and training for the natural athlete.No problem with discussing supplements though.
Regards,Peter.
It's kinda annoying for me. I get it. People read my logs and see my records and think 'gotta be steroids'. All of which ignores my 40+ years lifting and slowly getting stronger. I had world class feats of strength BEFORE I ever took my first steroid (I was nigh on middle aged at 37). When you look at any weight I've gained it actually works out to what the average guy can gain per year (around 4lbs). I DO advise on other forums but my formative years in training was with a strong PC slant. So I'm the first fella to point out 90% of gym users don't train hard enough. The majority aren't in the gym beyond 2 years. Most eat badly and so on. Yet all that gets ignored in lieu of using drugs. Indeed it's arguable that the current generation are more used to taking a pill or use a drug for EVERYTHING. So many forums are FULL of (mostly guys) members asking about drugs. Too, too many are way too young, not eating right and so on. Heck, on most forums I'm also one of the older lifters (not here though ha ha). The young guys can't get their heads round a 50+fella being better, bigger or stronger.

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:47 pm

Exactly Steve, it was the same with all the early guys who took steroids.They were already built by that stage and the competition edge at the top be it Bodybuilding or Powerlifting convinced many to go that route.Also they were still health conscious and ate well and trained bloody hard. I was going to suggest going back over your training log,which i do, and see how someone who has built real size and strength trains. Nothing fancy there but solid, gradual progression on the big ones. I think you have hit the nail on the head in that everyone wants something without working for it.there are now plenty of gyms were before the first training program is given to a young lad, his first cycle is given. What most fail to realize is that even without a solid foundation the drugs will only take one so far. Anyway said enough about that subject now, moving on.
Regards, Peter.
Peter Yates

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:19 am

I have just come back from my first gym session in at least five months and, under the careful supervision of the gym owner, performed a one rep max of 40kg (88lbs) on the flat bench press and a one rep max of 39kg (86lbs) on bicep cable curls. These are 82% and 87% respectively of my pre injury maxes and according to the gym owner show that overall my enforced layoff has not done any real damage.

If damage has occurred it is in my bodyweight which before my injury was 106kg (233lbs) and is now 113kg (249lbs).

I will consult with him, via e-mail, as to what he believes I can do (and will also consult with CMATS doctor who I am seeing on Thursday and ask what I can do to reduce that bodyweight back to a more reasonable level (100kg / 221lbs) at which point if my sciatica has completely cleared up, then I would appreciate (and happily pay) for a full blown consultation with anyone who can offer their thoughts on how to become a bodybuilder by the end of August 2024.
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

Talbot

Post by Talbot » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:05 pm

Harry. cut all carbohydrates out of your diet! You have a body fat problem, not an exercise problem. You can not exercise away a lousy high carb diet.

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:04 pm

Talbot wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:05 pm
Harry. cut all carbohydrates out of your diet! You have a body fat problem, not an exercise problem. You can not exercise away a lousy high carb diet.
I have had undiagnosed sciatica (as in all the symptoms of it, but without a formal diagnosis) since the start of November which has meant that from then until only quite recently even walking to and from the local post office (158m / 518 feet) left me feeling in agony (especially in my calf). This meant that as the gym was 254m (833 feet) away from the nearest bus stop, I have not been able to attend the gym at ALL between then and now. The fact that I am now able to get there means that I am slowly recovering and therefore am hoping to be able to get to the gym more often than I have been of late.
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:40 am

Monday
SSB / Hatfield Squats
Sets of 4 reps until I got to 260kg then 2 reps, followed by a PB single with 305kg. I think I could have done 2 reps except it was a a-wobbling something chronic

Leg Press
sets of 30 reps to 340-kilos x 20 reps

Seated Leg Curls
straight sets of 30 reps to stack

Leg Extensions
straight sets of 30 reps to stack x 27 reps

Bwt: 302lbs