Steve Reeves Favorite Routine

Topics that focus on building strength and muscle using old school and modern training techniques. Post questions, share training tips and programs.

Moderator: peter yates

peter yates

Re: Steve Reeves Favorite Routine

Post by peter yates » Mon May 30, 2016 8:32 pm

HI COLIN,
I APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS. JUST BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME AND MADE A LOT OF MISTAKES MYSELF BUT THANKFULLY LEARNED FROM THEM. LIKE ALL OF US ON THIS SITE I JUST WANT TO GIVE SOMETHING BACK AND HOPEFULLY SAVE THE YOUNG FELLOWS FROM A LOT OF WASTED ENERGY AND FRUSTRATION.
REGARDS, PETER.
Peter Yates

DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy » Mon May 30, 2016 10:22 pm

peter yates wrote:HI COLIN,
I APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS. JUST BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME AND MADE A LOT OF MISTAKES MYSELF BUT THANKFULLY LEARNED FROM THEM. LIKE ALL OF US ON THIS SITE I JUST WANT TO GIVE SOMETHING BACK AND HOPEFULLY SAVE THE YOUNG FELLOWS FROM A LOT OF WASTED ENERGY AND FRUSTRATION.
REGARDS, PETER.
Hey Peter, I second Colin's statement and have to say that you are indeed doing an excellent job of giving tips & advice to help save the younger trainees from a lot of wasted energy & frustration. :)

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:33 pm

I GOT TO MEET AND BECOME FRIENDLY WITH STEVE REEVES USUALLY AT SOME AWARD FUNCTION OR OTHER. AT ONE TIME I PREPARED A Q AND A AND IN IT ASKED HIM TO FILL IN THE GAPS AND LET ME KNOW HOW HE TRAINED ETC. AND THEN THOUGHT, YES, NO EFFIN CHANCE OF THAT EVER COMING BACK. WITHIN A WEEK, WITH SOME LOVELY USA STAMPS ON, CAME MY LETTER FULLY FILLED OUT DETAILING ALL HIS TRAINING AND DIET ETC ALL WRITTEN IN LONG HAND. BOY WAS I IMPRESSED WHAT A GUY, LATER I HAD THE ROUTINE PUBLISHED IN BOB KENNEDYS MAG, CANT RECALL WHAT ISSUE AS LATER IN YEARS I NEVER BOTHER TO LIST ARTICLES ETC. BUT ITS OUT THERE SOMEWHERE. BUT MAIN THING IS , IT PROVES WHAT A LOVELY BLOKE OUR STEVE REALLY WAS, TRY IT TODAY AND THE SO CALLED CHAMPS WOULD ASK YOU FOR $50 OR SOMETHING JUST TO WRITE, THEIR DIET OUT... DAVID GENTLE
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
https://davidgentle.com

Talbot

Post by Talbot » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:50 pm

@David Gentle: Wow! Do you still have the letter from Steve Reeves? If so, then this website, HOPC, would be the place to publicly archive a scan of it.

sticksb

Post by sticksb » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:10 am

By all accounts Reeves was a good guy . I read years ago an article by bodybuilder/photographer
Dennie Walter where Reeves came to New York to receive the key to the city at one of Dan Lurie's
shows . He made the round of local talk shows and took a good deal of kidding in stride . On the
Soupy Sales show , Soupy asked him about doing a sequel to Hercules showing Herc as an old man
struggling to eat oatmeal rather then snapping chains .Instead of being insulted Reeves said "GREAT"!
"We'll do it with YOUR money!" You can produce IT !!!The studio broke up including Sales and rest of
the tour was a rousing success .

chrallen67

Post by chrallen67 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:40 pm

I wondered the same thing when i saw splits. I kind of assumed "Lunges", because there were not alot of leg work.