Expanders

Topics that focus on building strength and muscle using old school and modern training techniques. Post questions, share training tips and programs.

Moderator: peter yates

Talbot

Re: Expanders

Post by Talbot » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:59 pm

@ Harry Hayfield: While the device he is using us indeed a chest expander, it is not a BullWorker. I believe the BullWorker exercise manual, and pictures if it, are here on HOPC, in the library.

Prior to being called the BullWorker, it was called the Tensolator. I have an original model of that one, that was the first model available in the USA. I paid a bit too much for it, however, when I saw it, I just had to have it, as it is the same exact model of the Tensolator, as the one Bruce Lee used. And it came with the original Tensolator manual too!

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:11 pm

That Devise is called the giant crusher,i have one given to me by Kevin Fitzgerald who has a few he got from car boot sales.They came out in the 60s and most of the promoters like Weider and York had their versions.If you notice this is mainly for pressing inward and can be held in various positions to target different muscles,it is the opposite of the expander which pulls outward and so is a perfect compliment.
As Talbot mentions the Bullworker is a completely different tool and you can find information about it in the library.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:13 pm

Talbot wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:59 pm
@ Harry Hayfield: While the device he is using us indeed a chest expander, it is not a BullWorker. I believe the BullWorker exercise manual, and pictures if it, are here on HOPC, in the library.

Prior to being called the BullWorker, it was called the Tensolator. I have an original model of that one, that was the first model available in the USA. I paid a bit too much for it, however, when I saw it, I just had to have it, as it is the same exact model of the Tensolator, as the one Bruce Lee used. And it came with the original Tensolator manual too!
Hey Talbot, would there be any chance of you posting photos of the Tensolator and the manual?
Peter Yates

Talbot

Post by Talbot » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:58 pm

@ Peter: I shall post the Tensolator manual, once I get around to buying a new scanner, printer, as my old one died.

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:42 am

Talbot wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:58 pm
@ Peter: I shall post the Tensolator manual, once I get around to buying a new scanner, printer, as my old one died.
As I have a working scanner and printer, could you post it to me and I do the scanning?
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

Handson

Post by Handson » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:30 am

peter yates wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:13 pm
Talbot wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:59 pm

Hey Talbot, would there be any chance of you posting photos of the Tensolator and the manual?
Hey Peter
Visit the site in the attachment for a series of Bullworker charts some old, some newer.
See other isometric machine examples in the other attachment including the pocket-sized German extant device - but one pays for the convenience of the size.
Regards
Handson
Attachments
Free Bullworker Chart .jpg
Free Bullworker Chart .jpg (68.05 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
VARIOUS ISOMETRIC DEVICES.jpg
VARIOUS ISOMETRIC DEVICES.jpg (928.11 KiB) Viewed 1365 times

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:07 am

Thanks Handson, the first Bullworker i had in the 60s had the green handle like the one shown,next i had one in Australia that had brown handles during the 70s.The one i have now was from the 80s,bought by my parents for me,with black handles.I have had some good sessions with them over the years and have a dabble every now and then.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Talbot

Post by Talbot » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:51 pm

@ Harry Hayfield: TY for your offer, however sending them to the UK, from the USA, to be copied, would be a bit of over kill. I shall get it done over here, when I get a chance.

Talbot

Post by Talbot » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:18 am

I tried to post a couple of photos of the Tensolator that I have. I keep getting an error message that "the file is too big." I'm not much of a techie, so I don't know what that means. Sorry.

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:40 pm

Hi Talbot, i am probably worse than you regarding tech,but one of the other guys may know.Failing that just contact Diane with a PM and she will sort it out for you.Thanks for trying.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates