Maxalding Muscle Control Course

Latest arrival of Muscle-Building books and courses in our HOPC Book Store. Check out our HOPC Exclusives written by our talented team of Historians and contributing writers. Proceeds from our Store help fund the operating costs of our site and Forum. Thank you for your support.

Moderator: drob357

drob357
Site Admin

Maxalding Muscle Control Course

Post by drob357 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:57 am

Downloadable PDF - 141 pages
This RARE reproduction of MAXALDING Muscle Control Exercises and Techniques by authors, MAXICK (Max Sick) and Monte Saldo was first published in 1909. A reprint followed in the early 1920's. This result-producing book was popularized by Physical Culturists from all over the world. The book contains detailed instructions and is fully illustrated.

Visit the HOPC Store to view detailed Table of Contents. https://www.davidgentle.com/store/produ ... lding.html
Diane Robert
Chief Librarian/Site Administrator
https://davidgentle.com

Handson

Re: Maxalding Muscle Control Course

Post by Handson » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:49 am

Fifty six years ago an aficionado and practitioner of the Maxalding system appeared on a TV talent programme called Opportunity Knocks.

As I recall he appeared for six winning occasions.

His name may be familiar to some of the old timers amongst you -he was Tony Holland a supple ectomorph who did his posing routine to a catchy tune called ‘Wheels’ played by Billy Vaughn and his orchestra.

I met him at the Houldsworth Hall in the 1960s where he did his stuff accompanying the nail breaking and dumbbell lifting sideshows.

Thirty odd years later he appeared on the Terry Wogan Show in his mid 60s and performed the same routine.

Anyone who may be interested in seeing or re-seeing his act could GOOGLE ‘Youtube Tony Holland Wheels’ or similar.

Regards Handson
Attachments
Tony Holland.png
Tony Holland.png (897.16 KiB) Viewed 1142 times

Handson

Re: Maxalding Muscle Control Course

Post by Handson » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:10 am

Re the Terry Wogan Show; my Memory failed me -it was in 1987 so Tony would have been around 48.

Handson