Who were the oldest physical culturists that ever lived?

Join the Discussion Group! We invite you to share your comments, insights and questions on the History of Physical Culture.

Moderator: peter yates

psychologist

Re: Who were the oldest physical culturists that ever lived?

Post by psychologist » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:39 am

peter yates wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:26 am
Both David an myself have submitted lists to Diane who is now putting together a more detailed list. If you have any names you would like to add please send them to Diane. Age at time of passing and DOB/DOD if available are requested.David's list is for those who have passed at all ages, mine just includes 80 and upward for now. Just from what we have now, and many more to be included, it is clear that many of the old timers did live reasonably long lives into their 80s and 90s. Also quite a few were still training up until they passed away.We hope to have a complete and accurate list in time. Please help if you can.
Regards,Peter.
Can you send me the list? I did try and email to request the list no sure if David got my email or not. Thanks.

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:44 am

Daryll, can you please contact Diane as she had combined the lists.Still a work in progress as there are some contradictions that need sorting,plus of course many more inclusions yet to be filed.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:46 am

As Peter asks, can any of you guys help us further, i know some have already listed names and details,but can we have them again and extra as we wish to make sure the list is factual and so a reference point. Often ages were exaggerated or not even really know, also some guys were listed as say 80 but may have died just days before their birthdays. also as peter suggests, lets limit it up to the 90s, as modern bbs appears for some reason not to make old bones, so lets stick to the legends and better known, thank you. David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
https://davidgentle.com

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:06 pm

Thanks Daryll, he is on the new list.
Peter Yates