CBD thread

Join the Discussion Group! We invite you to share your comments, insights and questions on the History of Physical Culture.

Moderator: peter yates

peter yates

Re: CBD thread

Post by peter yates » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:06 am

Luxury, I grew up in Darwen, Lancashire and we had no running water so we had to rub ourselves in snow in the winter and stand out in rain in summer. Aye we were tuff in them days.
Peter Yates

Kazza61

Post by Kazza61 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:51 am

Of course there have been hundreds, possibly thousands of products promoted to build up the body over the years that subsequently turned out to be useless. Even today, if you buy a copy of Muscular Development, about 70% of it is adverts for food supplements each claiming more outrageous results than the last! At least in the 50’s 60’s and 70’s those magazines also had lots of adverts for equipment we could buy either to start training on or improve our home gyms. These days it’s just endless adverts for snake oil to a gullible audience that makes the food supplement industry worth billions!
Does anyone remember what was going to be the turning point for all bodybuilders in the early 1980’s - Chlorophyll - The Green Steroid??

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 am

Like they say Tony,"If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is."
Peter Yates

dhartnet

Post by dhartnet » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:11 pm

I bought a couple of bottles of CBD oil for Sleep, and it does help. (CBD Distillery).
Probably wont re-buy since its pricey, and the powder I use at night works better. (Primeval EAA Sleep w/ EAA's, a gram of GABA, and 2.5 mg of Melatonin).
I did notice a sort of "pain-numbing" effect, but it needs to be legit, so much out there is faked.
---------
~Dave

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:37 am

Dave, i feel you hit the nail on the head.Just as you say there is so much fake crap out there that unless one is savvy and it is just a waste of money.No real regulation as far as i can see.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates