Muscle Mob library

Join the Discussion Group! We invite you to share your comments, insights and questions on the History of Physical Culture.

Moderator: peter yates

Mobster

Muscle Mob library

Post by Mobster » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:57 am

https://ibb.co/h8RTXjP

The link above is to an image of the space I'll be adding the shelves to. It forms about 1/4 or 25% of the middle floor of the building I own and live in. Wall to wall in the space in front of the table and chair is about 7.4m. A rough measure of the space beneath the 2 wall lights is 1.90m. I ordered 2 lots of 3 shelves each 900mm wide by 1800mm tall x 300mm deep and a workdesk to go in between (about 1200mm wide I think). So 6600mm wide leaving a little room on each side. The work desk can be used to work on the books etc and or I might add a couple of 2nd hand sofas and low coffee tables. I MIGHT limit the space to the edge of what was the old dance floor (see with the brass strip and wood.

As you'd imagine all this will be a work in progress and may take some time.

However, I recently quit work with the plan to take a year out so...

I'll post up 2 more pics shortly. One is of the overall space - with issues and one of the recent addition to the home gym ;)
Last edited by Mobster on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mobster

Re: Muscle Mob library

Post by Mobster » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:10 am

https://ibb.co/6YFVjDf

This links to an image giving you an angle on most of rest of the floor. It's taken from where you'd be on the far left looking in as per the first image (or far right looking out) corner of the library area. You can see the dance floor (the room was used for functions and is on the first upper floor). There's access to, via a steel security door (a recent addition) a fire escape. I need to get a steel plate affixed to bridge a gap there (a section was in bad condition and was removed). Some ceiling tiles need replacing (I've different ones I can cut and use) in the main space. There is damp (in spite of a LOT of work) getting into the stage area. To the images right is one of the three buildings bars where I keep my HIFI. I've not measured the overall dimensions but it exceeds 1000sq ft and is the biggest room in the building. Neither of the two toilets are plumbed in nor are likely to be (I've 3 that are and that ought to be enough lol). The library area has a lower overall height at 8' of so compared to the 10' plus in the main space. the flooring, inc that under the carpeted area, is Canadian Maple (we looked)

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:13 am

https://ibb.co/Rv1mPnd

And this is the link to an image of the new toy which we will be abusing / road testing tomorrow. It's in the home gym aka the former lounge bar on the ground floor of the club / house I live in. You can see my pinch set up and a SS 78kg 'Inch' behind. In the darker area beyond, part of an upper lounge, I plan to have a spa area (all long term plans). There's a barbers chair and massage table there now

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:59 am

Steve, thanks for posting these and the update on the Muscle Mob Library. You certainly have a good space there and you are using it well.Let us know how the new "toy" feels.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:46 am

The new toy is very quad dominant. Sod to get in and under but great once you're using it. As per when you go heavy it leaves a mark.

I set up how I want the library to look but I'm still waiting on DHL to deliver the shelving. I hoovered the area. Cleaned up a log effect fire and fireplace surround, moved two recliner chairs and even threw down two sheepskins to act as a rug. I'll need to do some painting to tidy up the area behind the shelves and fire.

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:57 am

Did a bunch of painting, measuring etc but I'm still waiting on the shelves.

Kazza61

Post by Kazza61 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:52 pm

I have a similar ‘toy’ - might not be as heavy duty as Mobster’s - but it’s a BodySolid one so still not too bad. Although they are sold as squat machines I would say the actual effect is more akin to a hack squat. I find it comfortable to use and because of the locked position it puts you in, there is very little stress on the lower back. They more that come into their own for calf work though and are perfect for calf raises. I hope you enjoy using yours Mobster.

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:47 pm

Kazza61 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:52 pm
I have a similar ‘toy’ - might not be as heavy duty as Mobster’s - but it’s a BodySolid one so still not too bad. Although they are sold as squat machines I would say the actual effect is more akin to a hack squat. I find it comfortable to use and because of the locked position it puts you in, there is very little stress on the lower back. They more that come into their own for calf work though and are perfect for calf raises. I hope you enjoy using yours Mobster.
Agreed with your comments. I plan on alternating it with my SSB

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:18 am

Photo of the work on the library thus far this week: https://ibb.co/8c1kn14

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:12 am

Thanks Steve,it is really coming together.
Peter Yates