David Prowse

Join the Discussion Group! We invite you to share your comments, insights and questions on the History of Physical Culture.

Moderator: peter yates

Tom K

David Prowse

Post by Tom K » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:44 am

Hello it is being reported in the news that David Prowse, "darth vader" and" the green cross man " died.

I knew he was a weightlifter but it is also reported on the BBC that he was one of the first to open a chain of gyms in the UK.

Do we have any more detailed information about his lifting career, gyms or if he penned any articles?

Thanks and rip David Prowse

Harry Hayfield

Re: David Prowse

Post by Harry Hayfield » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:55 am

Tom K wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:44 am
Hello it is being reported in the news that David Prowse, "darth vader" and" the green cross man " died.

I knew he was a weightlifter but it is also reported on the BBC that he was one of the first to open a chain of gyms in the UK.

Do we have any more detailed information about his lifting career, gyms or if he penned any articles?

Thanks and rip David Prowse
We have a thread memorialising David already at viewtopic.php?f=8&p=16820#p16820
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)