Joe Price, the Gloucester Blacksmith & Strongman

Join the Discussion Group! We invite you to share your comments, insights and questions on the History of Physical Culture.

Moderator: peter yates

DannyBoy

Re: Joe Price, the Gloucester Blacksmith & Strongman

Post by DannyBoy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:56 am

Mobster wrote:Most of my pics are too large but I'll try. How about this video of my first (of 3) world records?
https://vimeo.com/164070142
Thanks for sharing the video, that's awesome! Well done Steve! 8-)

Joosta

Post by Joosta » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:48 pm

Im actually related to Joe Price on my grans side of the family so this is awesome to see ❤

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:36 pm

That is great to hear.Would you have any stories, about him,passed down in the family?
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Joosta

Post by Joosta » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:24 pm

peter yates wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:36 pm
That is great to hear.Would you have any stories, about him,passed down in the family?
Regards,Peter.
Hi unfortunately my gran didn't have many stories about to tell me about Joe Price other than he was a champion weight lifter/strongman back in his day,she dod tell me that there was an article about him in the Gloucester Folk Museum many years ago when i was of school age. Its quite shocking to see this video and i wish that she was still alive for me to show her 👌

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi Joosta, thanks anyway.I am glad you were able to see it. It is interesting but not a rare occurrence for the families of well known strength athletes to know little about their accomplishments. To many they are just dad or uncle etc. As such there is little information available from such sources.However succeeding generations often wish to know more about them.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates