Your Top 10 Favorite Bodybuilders

Join the Discussion Group! We invite you to share your comments, insights and questions on the History of Physical Culture.

Moderator: peter yates

sticksb

Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Bodybuilders

Post by sticksb » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:43 am

Yes , and being modeled by a guy not on your top ten list . The first Mr.O and genetically maybe the most
gifted human being ever to climb on a posing stage .

DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:03 am

sticksb wrote:Yes , and being modeled by a guy not on your top ten list . The first Mr.O and genetically maybe the most
gifted human being ever to climb on a posing stage .
I most certainly can't disagree with you about Sergio Oliva maybe being the most genetically gifted to ever climb onto a posing stage. Sergio was quite amazing and clearly had some of the greatest, most incredible genetics ever for anyone from any walk of life. It was "The Legend" Larry Scott who had the honor of being the first Mr. Olympia though.

sticksb

Post by sticksb » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:27 am

Correct . He wasn't on your top 10 either . Shows how personally subjective hypothetical top lists are .
That's why bodybuilding never would be sanctioned as an Olympic sport , thank goodness .

DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:08 pm

^I couldn't agree more, Sticks. I don't think that bodybuilding really has any business being included as part of the Olympic Games. I'd much prefer to see strongman or powerlifting in the Olympics one of these days.

sticksb

Post by sticksb » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:25 pm

Power lifting and strongman won't happen in the Olympics . No more distinct AAU to sanction them and too many
fragmented organizations ( raw , equipped , light gear , ) . Everyone would lobby for their own version . Roid controversies would be off the hook . Let's celebrate the history of what was and try to emulate it for the health aspects it represented .

Kazza61

Post by Kazza61 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:42 am

Apologies for reviving a 5 year old thread!

My favourite bodybuilding physiques are those that are well balanced and every part seems to naturally flow rather than an individual body part totally overwhelms. Some of my top 10 delivered that every time they competed (Serge Nubret) and others now and again (Danny Padilla) and some seemed to only capture the magic for a short period of time (Rory Liedelmeyer). And in my opinion, Bob Paris should have won the Olympia year after year and presented what I felt like Reeves would have looked like if he had come along later! His posing was also flawless.

Here's my list (59 months late!).

Bob Paris
John Brown
Rory Leidelmeyer
Serge Nubret
Francis Benfatto
Danny Padilla
Jim Haislop
Sergio Oliva
Robby Robinson
Flex Wheeler

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:24 am

Tony, feel free to bump and threads and glad you are going back and checking them out.I always thought Hailslop and Paris were the Reeves of their respective generations. They always looked healthy to me too.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates