Sticks has left us.I

Latest announcements and news from the History of Physical Culture.

Moderator: drob357

Gil Waldron

Re: Sticks has left us.I

Post by Gil Waldron » Sun May 05, 2019 6:16 am

The shock I felt was immeasurable when you informed me Peter. I was just in the middle of writing an email to him. In an attempt to bolster him up after our earlier conversation. His legacy will I hope be there for all to see in the years to come. He was in my prayers yesterday and again today. May you have now Chris the peace you haven't had over the last few months.

R I P Chris

Gil
Gil Waldron
Chief Moderator
Research Historian/Contributing Editor
https://davidgentle.com

Tom K

Post by Tom K » Sun May 05, 2019 11:56 am

I'm very sorry to hear this. Sorry for you all.

DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy » Sun May 05, 2019 2:00 pm

RIP Christopher "Sticks" Bostick (December 3, 1951 - May 3, 2019)

I just saw the post about this on the HOPC Facebook page a few minutes ago and it came as such a shock, I'm almost at a loss for words over this terribly sad news. Sticks was such a great guy and I certainly learned a lot from him in my time chatting with him here on the HOPC forum as well as on Facebook. He always had such excellent advice, tips & ideas and was truly a class act who kindly & generously shared his vast knowledge of training & the iron game with any & everyone and his contributions to this very website were immense. He even kindly sent me some stuff awhile back free of charge, simply out of the kindness of his heart. And I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge his awesome artistic talent & sense of humor. I haven't been around here much in recent months, but thankfully I did get exchange private messages with Sticks on Facebook just a couple weeks ago, where as always, he kindly helped me out by answering a question I had asked him and gave me some good advice.

Thank you for everything, Sticks, especially for all the help over these 4+ years I've known you! I think all of us here at the HOPC are better & smarter for having known Chris "Sticks" Bostick! Rest in peace my friend and Godspeed to you good sir, you'll truly be missed! I'll make sure to get in an extra hard workout tonight in your honor! May God bless & comfort all of the Bostick family & friends in this time of sadness, sorrow & grief. 🙏😔

Sincerely & with a heavy heart,
Danny

Jim Duggan

Post by Jim Duggan » Mon May 06, 2019 6:15 am

Very sad news. Rest in Peace, Sticks. My condolences to his family and many friends.

colinkbell

Post by colinkbell » Thu May 09, 2019 11:27 am

Still feeling very, very sad about Chris. I was re-reading some emails we exchanged. I was very fond of him, and its very hard to take in. Hard to believe, it still feels like a bad dream. I can count on one hand the people in my lifetime who really believed in me. Who really spurred me on, with nothing to gain. And Chris is the third such person to be taken much too early. But Chris was in a league of his own. He was so generous, so transparent, so decent. Hard to believe i am writing in the past tense. There will never be such a man of his ilk again. I hope some of his character has rubbed off on me, in some small way. These are the only words i can string together at present.
" Strengthen ye the weak hands and confirm the feeble knees" Isaiah 35 v3

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Thu May 09, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi Colin, i am right with you there mate.Chris and i spoke two or three times a week and for the three weeks before he passed almost every day.I keep reaching for the phone to call him then realize he is not here anymore and a wave of sadness hits me.A very unique human being and great friend.
Regards Peter.
Peter Yates