I wish to make an announcement

Latest announcements and news from the History of Physical Culture.

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, drob357

Harry Hayfield

I wish to make an announcement

Post by Harry Hayfield » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Over the past week, Barry Thomas, a friend from Suffolk who between 2007 and 2011 won the Mr. Anglia regional bodybuilding title five times and the 2010 Mr. Britain novice title, has been on holiday near me (after I agreed to help with the expense as a kindness towards the quite frankly awful year he has had) and during that time has been with me training and offering me advice. Therefore armed with that information, I would like to put something on the table

I have been a member of the HPOC team for almost five years and have decided that the next five years should be put to some practical use, therefore on August 31st, 2024, when I will turn 50, it is my intention that no later than 2359 BST on that date, I will have taken part in my first bodybuilding competition

Therefore, from now on, this will become my formal record of that. As a result it makes sense to see where I am starting from and Barry’s opinion of “Not a complete disaster, but needs a lot of work” is I believe a fair and accurate assessment:

Height: 73 inches (6ft 1 / 1.85m)
Weight: 233lbs (106kg)
Estimated BMI: 30.83 (classed as Class 1 Obesity)
Waist: 46 inches
Chest: 47 inches
Biceps: 14 inches (average)
Quads: 22 inches (average)
Calves: 16 inches (average)

As is customary in these circumstances, I shall of course take starting pictures but would like to know whether members would like the sepia toned in tiger coloured posing suit or just in ordinary colour with training shorts on?
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)