Peters UK visit

Latest announcements and news from the History of Physical Culture.

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, drob357

Gil Waldron

Peters UK visit

Post by Gil Waldron » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:54 am

Last week Peter and our mutual friend Kevin Fitzgerald, came across to Yorkshire to visit me. It was a very welcome visit, as I only see Peter once a year. We are not out of touch for the rest of the year because we Skype each other once a week, but Skype is no replacement to having a close friend there with you. The three of us went out for lunch at a local pub, and talked our way through it, setting the world to rights. Kevin's wife at the moment is very unwell, and Kevin under a great deal of strain. I think we managed to lift his mood for a few very short hours. Kevin who is profoundly deaf amused us with stories of his battles with authority. For whom he has no real respect. ( Anyone interested Kevin has written 2 excellent books on his battles. Deafness of the Mind and Deafness of the Body) After lunch we all went to a local cafe for coffee, and continued our conversations on training and training methods. Then unfortunately the day was over far too quickly, so it was back to my house where both my friends went off with part of my book collection. Peter also staggered out with a pair of solid dumbells, for which I had no longer any use. I believe they are going to be a gift for his nephew

Gil
Gil Waldron
Chief Moderator
Research Historian/Contributing Editor
https://davidgentle.com

peter yates

Re: Peters UK visit

Post by peter yates » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:30 pm

Thanks Gil, for hosting Kev and i and a wonderful lunch. The dumbbells are being put to good use.
Regards, Peter.
Peter Yates