DEAR STICKS

Latest announcements and news from the History of Physical Culture.

Moderator: drob357

peter yates

DEAR STICKS

Post by peter yates » Mon May 04, 2020 9:47 am

Yesterday was the anniversary of the passing of our dear Chris "Sticks"Bostick.I had meant to post this then but something came up and i missed it, i am sure Sticks will forgive me.Hard to believe a year has already gone and i can still remember how i felt when i heard the news from his sister.Well i raise a toast to our dear friend who gave so much to so many.Cheers my friend.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

drob357
Site Admin

Re: DEAR STICKS

Post by drob357 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:30 pm

I join you Peter in honoring Chris' memory. He was a very special human being and we all miss him dearly. Here's to you Chris.
Diane Robert
Chief Librarian/Site Administrator
https://davidgentle.com

Talbot

Post by Talbot » Mon May 04, 2020 6:44 pm

I too miss our good friend Sticks. It's hard to believe that it has been a year already since he left us. Fortunately, his work for this site is here in all of these forums, still passing on useful information, to all those who care to use it.

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Fri May 08, 2020 2:31 am

Sticks hasn't gone anywhere, he will always be with us, keeping an eye on us, making sure we try just a bit harder to become the greatest site of all on old time bb in honour of his amazing talent he lives on. God Bless Sticks dear friend. David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
https://davidgentle.com

dhartnet

Post by dhartnet » Mon May 11, 2020 12:53 pm

Missing Chris, a great man.
A rough week, our friend D-Mass's (Dave Mastorakis) father-inlaw (Red) passed away. We had the joy of spending time w/ him over the last 3 years going for our annual Patriots games.
Great guy who will be missed.

Luke Sandoe passing was pretty rough. One of the few I followed online, and just seemed like a friendly, down to earth kid.

WE had to put our dog down this AM (Olive). We only had her 2 years, as she had dormant lyme disease, which came out of dormancy last week, and ruined her kidneys (failure).
Last SUN she was her normal self, one week later she's gone. Sad day for us and bad week all around... RIP to all who have left us.
---------
~Dave

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Mon May 11, 2020 3:16 pm

Hello Dave, sorry to hear about Dave Ms dad.condolences to the family and may he rest in eternal peace.Also so sorry to hear about Olive,i remember when you got her and i know this is not the first pup you have lost at a young age.I know you will be cut up about it.
Luke seemed a very nice guy and he was on a route to the top.We never know what darkness lurks inside and even the strongest can be disabled by depression.He had just bought some weights from Tom Balchin for setting up his garage gym during the lockdown.Looks like no one saw it coming.RIP Luke.
Stay safe and well mate.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

dhartnet

Post by dhartnet » Mon May 11, 2020 4:18 pm

peter yates wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:16 pm
He had just bought some weights from Tom Balchin for setting up his garage gym during the lockdown.Looks like no one saw it coming.RIP Luke.
Stay safe and well mate.
Regards,Peter.
I was following his videos with his garage gym. didn't realize some of the stuff came from Tom.
The gofund me is up to around 116K pounds, a nice gesture from his many fans to his family.
---------
~Dave

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Tue May 12, 2020 12:26 am

Only two days ago did I do some digging around to find the pics Sticks drew of me or inspired by me. It's the mark of a persons impact that we have such fond memories.

colinkbell

Post by colinkbell » Sun May 17, 2020 2:10 pm

Chris is a big miss. So helpful, so un-selfish, so talented, so funny, so genuine, a treasure of knowledge. I shall treasure his Mario Lanza tshirt print he made me forever. I think of him every time i do the "Stick Hangs" - hanging from pull up bar at end of workouts.
" Strengthen ye the weak hands and confirm the feeble knees" Isaiah 35 v3

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Sun May 17, 2020 3:56 pm

Yes Colin, we all have our special memories of Chris and his generosity. Sadly missed but he lives on in our hearts and with the work he left us.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates