Bernarr MacFadden Physical development 1908 bound volume

We invite you to post books, magazines, posters or other PC memorabilia you wish to buy, sell or trade.

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, David Gentle

Tom K

Bernarr MacFadden Physical development 1908 bound volume

Post by Tom K » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Hello there guys,

Just wondering if anybody is interested in this Bernar McFadden bound volume of all his 1908 magazines.

January 1908 to December 1908, about 95 pages in total, in very good condition with plenty of photographs and strange MacFadden wisdom.

Photos attached. I was going to scan the whole lot in and digitise it, but I will not have the time to do so.

I've looked online and I've not found any of these, I have no idea what it is worth. I'll be happy to see what its worth if nobody wants it and I'll list it on ebay.

Photos below in the link

https://imgur.com/a/bATzC

Preview photo attached below
preview.jpg
preview.jpg (76.16 KiB) Viewed 1491 times

Tom K

Re: Bernarr MacFadden Physical development 1908 bound volume

Post by Tom K » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:40 am

I would also be more than happy to trade it for something interesting

David Gentle

Re: Bernarr MacFadden Physical development 1908 bound volume

Post by David Gentle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Re the Mc Fadden volume, thats Warren Lincoln Travis pictured the famous Coney Island strong man. I also had the same volume, and sold it about two months ago to a guy who came calling, for about £30. so i think thats about a fair price as often these old volumes are a bit disappointing, although its interesting to see say, early pictures of Charles Atlas, or Liederman etc, they all congregated around that time. Mc Fadden also made sure there was something a little spicy for the time to help sales along. Be nice to own all the volumes. I bet no one has the first copy of Iron Man (actually named Your physique, with Grimek drawing on cover) I remember Bob Kennedy offering a grand for the one copy, i have most issues of IM from vol 4 with earlier issues photo copies given to me by a generous American friend, not for sale of course. Now MILO is finished, is the first issue worth anything?? its got Paul Anderson on the cover and is the large size before he went to book size. David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
https://davidgentle.com