KNEE SLEEVES

Post questions concerning the History of Physical Culture and we will try our best to answer them for you.

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, David Gentle

peter yates

KNEE SLEEVES

Post by peter yates » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi Guys,
for quite a few years now i have been wearing Tommy Kono knee sleeves while i train. They have been great for keeping my knees nice and warm during training. However the last few pairs i have bought were not up to the standard
of earlier pairs.One or both split quite soon after purchase. I have heard that someone else took over the manufacture and sales of this product and that is maybe the reason why. So in my usual roundabout way i am asking if any members use knee sleeves and if they can recommend a good quality product? Look forward to responses.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Mobster

Re: KNEE SLEEVES

Post by Mobster » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Strength Shop. Their barbell bars have a bad rep but their knee and elbow sleeves are good.

sticksb

Post by sticksb » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:55 pm

60+ , easy on and off , stability + $$ = Rehband 7051 . Squatting in the 300-325 # range .
Rogue is a quick pro quo . I saw a set on a non lifter ( contractor ) on the job at Teall.
He installs carpets and flooring and swears these are miraculous for his shot knees .His
are 2 years old and covered in paint splotches but still solid and non frayed ...

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.Will check these out.
Peter Yates

Tom K

Post by Tom K » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:24 pm

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I strongly recommend the Russian knee wraps. They're very light, elastic material, and are very long. You can wrap them around the knee cap to avoid patella issues, or wrap them really hard for heavy maximums.

Very versatile. I've been using my pair for 2 years now. All I've had to do is get the Mrs to sew new velcro on after they came unstuck. Good as new again.

They are long enough really to cut in half to create 2 sets if you like.

http://store.hookgrip.com/shop/russian-knee-wraps/

Wouldn't want to train without them now