Maxalding

Post questions concerning the History of Physical Culture and we will try our best to answer them for you.

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, David Gentle

colinkbell

Re: Maxalding

Post by colinkbell » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:20 am

Hi Peter, thanks I'm on page 100 of the Juan book. I wish there was a video to follow, that's the best way I learn.
Hi Norman, mind if I join your journey please?
" Strengthen ye the weak hands and confirm the feeble knees" Isaiah 35 v3

colinkbell

Post by colinkbell » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:21 am

Talbot wrote:For a while the Maxalding Website was carrying the flame for the Maxalding system. Now it is this fine website that is carrying the Maxalding torch. Here:

https://davidgentle.com/maxald/index.html

Also the authors index has listings for Maxick, Alfred Monte Saldo, and Courtland Saldo, have lots of books and articles about Maxalding.

Juan Rojas' Books are the most in depth research on the subject of Maxalding:

https://web.archive.org/web/20061118002 ... -ebook.pdf

https://web.archive.org/web/20061128191 ... -table.pdf

And thanks to the Way Back Machine Internet Archives, most of the original Maxalding mail order course exercises, that were posted on the old Maxalding Website, are here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130507160 ... rcises.htm

That's all the information about Maxalding that you need, to get you started. Now you just have to do it!
Thanks again Talbot for providing all those links, very kind.
" Strengthen ye the weak hands and confirm the feeble knees" Isaiah 35 v3

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:50 am

HI NORMAN, RON TYRRELL KNEW THE SALDO FAMILY PERSONALLY AND IF THERE IS AN EXPERT OUT THERE, THEN ITS RON YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO. I MET COURT SALDO AT THE NABBA UNIVERSE SHOW, A REALLY NICE BLOKE. LATER I DID THE COURSE FOR ABOUT 9 MONTHS AFTER OVER-TRAINING ON WEIDER FORCED REPS STUFF AND MAKING MYSELF ILL, I TOOK UP MAXALDING, WON A SILVER MEDAL AND FELT FITTER THAN EVER IN MY LIFE AS YOU DO NOT BURN UP NERVOUS ENERGY OR VITAL FORCES OF THE BODY. ITS ALSO VERY INTERESTING. OLD GUYS MAY REMEMBER THE MUSCLE CONTROLLER WINNING OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS. AS HAS BEEN ALREADY SAID, ALL THE MAXALDING MATERIAL IS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, SO SEEK IT OUT FROM THIS SITE. THANKS FOR JOINING OUR GANG, DAVID GENTLE. P .S. MAXICK WAS TREMENDOUSLY STRONG ESPECIALLY AT OVERHEAD LIFTS. HE WROTE A BOOK, GREAT STRENGTH BY MUSCLE CONTROL, WHICH SADLY IS A MIS NOMER AS IT DOES NOT SHOW MAXALDING EXERCISES. INCIDENTALLY, THE COURSE WAS GENUINELY PERSONAL, EVERY PUPIL WAS CATERED FOR ACCORDING TO HIS NEEDS OR ABILITIES, HENCE ITS SUCCESS. THERE WERE MANY WHO TRIED TO COPY THE COURSE BUT NONE BEAT THE ORIGINAL.
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
https://davidgentle.com

Norman

Post by Norman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:55 am

Hi Colin,
of course you can join! I´m glad to share...Regards
Norman

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:31 pm

colinkbell wrote:Hi Peter, thanks I'm on page 100 of the Juan book. I wish there was a video to follow, that's the best way I learn.
Hi Norman, mind if I join your journey please?
HI COLIN,
GLAD YOU ARE DOING THE RESEARCH AND WILL INCLUDE SOME MUSCLE CONTROL INTO YOUR TRAINING. IT IS THE TYPE OF THING YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO EVERY DAY AND WILL HELP RECOVERY FROM LIFTING. THAT IS A BIG PLUS AS GENERALLY WE NEED MORE REST DAYS FROM LIFTING AS WE GET OLDER BUT THEY CAN STILL BE TRAINING DAYS WITH MAXALDING. AS FOR VIDEOS, THEY OF COURSE CAN BE OF HELP IN SOME THINGS BUT ALSO A CRUTCH. ALSO ONE OF THE MAIN ASPECTS OF MAXALDING IS TRAINING THE MIND WHICH IS KIND OF DIFFICULT IF YOU ARE LOOKING OUTSIDE YOURSELF AT A SCREEN INSTEAD OF INSIDE THE MUSCLE YOU ARE WORKING. IT IS OK TO USE A MIRROR AT FIRST SO YOU CAN SEE AND FEEL THE MUSCLE RESPOND BUT BEST OF ALL TO DEVELOP IS TO JUST CONNECT MIND AND MUSCLE. REMEMBER ALL THROUGH THE YEARS WHEN MAXALDING WAS PRESCRIBED FOR STUDENTS IT WAS BY MAIL WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THAT MONTH AND UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL TO WORK IT OUT. THAT IS THE WAY TO REALLY MASTER IT. I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT TOO.
REGARDS, PETER.
Peter Yates

Norman

Post by Norman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:01 am

Hi David,
thanks for your advice. I would like to contact Ron Tyrell. I am at a very early stage in the practice of Maxalding... There are intersting effects as to the muscle control. For example there are fluctuations as to the ability to control a certain muscle. With kind regards,

Norman

Norman

Post by Norman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:16 am

Hi Colin,
I have to join Peter in my opinion. The better the concentration on the feeling, the better the muscle mind connection. This and deep tidal breath ensures an effect. In my experience it is useful to ensure absence of any distraction. A video may be a hint to the exercises, but to my opinion it ist the memorization of the feeling wich I lay my focus on to ensure success. I sometimes help myself with touching the sorrounding tissue of the muscle to ensure isolation, and this task affords purposeful attention! Additionally, according to Monte Saldo we should not develop reliance on a mirror. I experience often the mirror as a distraction, because what we feel can differ from what we see thus sometimes leading to disappointment.
Sincerely,

Norman

Norman

Post by Norman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi folks,
I´m back again! Having gained a certain control over my health, I´m getting now deeper into the practice of Maxalding. I hope you all are doing well, I will report my momentary program sharing my results!
Here is my program:

Morning routine: H, J, B, W
Spread intervals: D, C
Evening session: X, G, AA, CC, Y, P, K and horizontal or vertical pulling movement, LB

A big hug to everyone, Norman

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Hey Norman,
good to hear from you again.So glad to hear you are progressing with Maxalding and your health is improving. Keep us updated please.BTW did you see the new additions to the maxalding sections from Gil.Some quite rare items.
Regards, Peter.
Peter Yates

Norman

Post by Norman » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:11 am

Hi Peter,
Glad to hear from you! Yes, I saw the newest additions... Very interesting. I saw the early plans; I noticed that the instructions from Monte Saldo were very detailed... I am still trying to figure out how Monte organized the drills.
Having practiced the exercise x for several weeks I noticed yesterday that my speed and stamina while running improved!

Kind regards,

Norman