Paul Rudolf Stone (1935 - 2015)

Post your favourite Physical Culture YouTube videos. Also visit the "Features" area of our site for a wide selection of fascinating videos that are sure to please.

Moderators: drob357, David Gentle

Harry Hayfield

Paul Rudolf Stone (1935 - 2015)

Post by Harry Hayfield » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:44 am

I have only just found out about the death of Paul Stone, resident of Seattle, who was the first bodybuilder I ever spoke to online from 1998 onwards. Paul had been involved in bodybuilding and training since the 1960's but only started to enter competitions in 2002 partly on my advice that I had never seen anyone his age (67) look that darned muscular. During his competitions he entered a contest in Bangor, WA in 2003, the ANBC Forever Natural in the same year, the Emerald Cup in 2006 as well as contest in Oregon in the same year run by the NPC. He was still posing in 2011 (when he was invited to the 2011 NANBF Washington State Naturals) and was interviewed about his training and competition by Matthew Ogus on his YouTube site

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mc8-zVtAO0[/video]

I also have on my computer the guest posing routine that he did at the contest and will probably upload it later on this week as part of my review of the year. Because we were so friendly, he would often ask me to comment on his physique and the last time that I messaged with him was an e-mail at the end of September this year as part of a collaboration to create a story based on his interest in bodybuilding and physical culture and my interest in history where he said he wanted the lead character to be tested in a feat of endurance and strength. Paul died on October 6th. Of all the pictures he sent me of his career he said that this one was the best, so it seems a fitting tribute to him.
Attachments
2006npcoregonst_pics66.jpg
2006npcoregonst_pics66.jpg (50.47 KiB) Viewed 4521 times
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

DannyBoy

Re: Paul Rudolf Stone (1935 - 2015)

Post by DannyBoy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Thank you for sharing his story and the video, Harry. A good story it is that he didn't start competing until his mid 60s. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. May Paul Stone rest in peace and may God bless bless & comfort his family, friends & loved ones in their time of sadness, sorrow & grief.

peter yates

Re: Paul Rudolf Stone (1935 - 2015)

Post by peter yates » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:21 pm

HI HARRY,
BEEN OUT FOR A FEW DAYS SO JUST SAW THIS. SORRY TO HEAR OF THE PASSING OF YOUR FRIEND AND A WONDERFUL MAN. AS SAD AS HIS PASSING IS I AM GLAD HE WAS ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN AN ACTIVITY HE LOVED TILL ALMOST THE END. CONDOLENCES TO HIS FAMILY AND MAY HE REST IN PEACE.
REGARDS, PETER.
Peter Yates