The Best Physical Culturists of the 1910's

Stay tuned! This Forum will be officially launched Dec. 31, 2018 by Moderator, Harry Hayfield.
Best Physical Culturists representing each decade during the past 100 years.

Moderators: Harry Hayfield, drob357

Harry Hayfield

Re: The Best Physical Culturists of the 1910's

Post by Harry Hayfield » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:52 pm

Max Sick (AUT)

Born to Swiss parents, Maxick developed rickets and dropsy along with lung problems at a very young age. This set of conditions set him back so much that he only learned how to walk when he turned 6. However, four years later young Max was determined to get stronger, creating his own set of weights and a workout program. Unfortunately, his parents didn’t share his ambitions and destroyed his homemade weights instead. Without his weights, Max Sick decided to start with a different form of training – muscle control exercises. Several years later, at the age of 14 he managed to develop his body so well (and earned some reputation along the way) that he got an invitation from the local athletics club to become one of their members. During this time Max also became an engineer apprentice and spent next nine years carving his skills in weightlifting, hand balancing, gymnastics and muscle control. Unhappy with his current engineering job at the age of 23, Max thought he could be of a much better use somewhere else with his perfectly carved body & strength and that’s when he moved to Munich to seek a better job and improve himself further. He was spotted rather quickly at a local gymnasium in Munich, so he took that opportunity and started working as an artist’s model. At this time, he stood around 5’4″ and weighed 147 pounds.

"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:55 pm

Voting is now open to find the best Physical Culturist of the 1910's and will be done by the supplementary voting method. When voting, simply reply in the following format:
My first preference choice is: xxx, My second preference choice is: xxx
When voting closes at 0000 PDT on January 31st 2019, I will tally the votes up. If no candidate recieves 50% of the vote plus one, then the bottom two candidates second preferences will be counted and added to the top two candidates first preferences. The winner of this round will go through to the grand final in December as the reresentative from the 1910's.
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi Harry, forgot to get my candidate in on time,so from those presented here is my choice.
First Preference: Max Sick
Second Preference: Joe Nordquest
Ranked but not counted
3 Adolf Nordquest
4 Hector Decarie
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:19 am

A reminder that this poll will close in 24 hours (0000 PST January 31st 2019). Votes cast after this time will not be counted.

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:00 pm

Come on Guys,Harry has put some work into this so least we can do is join in.
Peter Yates

Internalfitness

Post by Internalfitness » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:37 pm

My first preference choice is: Max,
My second preference choice is: Joe.

Talbot

Post by Talbot » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:04 pm

Pound for pound, it is hard to name anyone who could top Maxick.

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:46 pm

At the close of the poll the vote was as follows:

First Preferences:
Max Sick 3
Joe Nordquest 0
Adolf Nordquest 0
Hector Decarie 0
Winning Post: 3 votes

I therefore declare Max Sick to by the Physical Culturist of the 1910's