A question from a fellow Facebook page

Topics that focus on building strength and muscle using old school and modern training techniques. Post questions, share training tips and programs.

Moderator: peter yates

Harry Hayfield

A question from a fellow Facebook page

Post by Harry Hayfield » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:07 pm

The "Forgotten Strength Secrets" Facebook page has posted the following question (which I am sure a lot of members will have an answer to):
How many of you collect old school lifting/bodybuilding equipment? Please share pics if you care to
The group can be found at https://www.facebook.com/Forgotten-Strength-Secrets but I am sure that we would appreciate the answers as well.
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

Mobster

Re: A question from a fellow Facebook page

Post by Mobster » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:45 pm

I've a handful. I'll see if I can sort out a couple of pics.

peter yates

Re: A question from a fellow Facebook page

Post by peter yates » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi Harry,
not having a great deal of spare cash i have never been a collector as such.However i am what i would call an 'accidental' collector.By that i mean that i have been able to pick a few older and sometimes rarer items in garage sales or off craigslist when someone is selling their grandad's old equipment that has been in his cellar for 50 years and such. Also friends have generously given me some of their own collections and these are especially items i treasure. Unlike some of the real collectors, who display their acquisitions,i use the old equipment i have.Their are many well known collectors on the Iron History forum and some are also members here.
Regards, Peter.
Peter Yates