Re: Manfred Hoerberl killed.?

Latest announcements and news from the History of Physical Culture.

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, drob357

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:01 pm

I have just read on the Iron History forum that bodybuilder/strongman Manfred Hoerberl has been killed in a pub in Manchester UK. There are no more details at this time,does anyone else have any information regarding this? I know David knew him well at one time.He would have been 55 years old. My God bless him and may he RIP.
Regards,Peter.
Last edited by peter yates on Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Yates

Talbot

Re: Manfred Hoerberl killed.

Post by Talbot » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:20 am

Manfred Hoerberl was a great strongman. Genuine 26" arms. Yes, he "juiced" a plenty, however he was incredibly strong. His career was set back because of two horrible vehicle accidents, that only someone, as well muscled as he was, could have survived. Now this, and he's dead. It's truly a shame. RIP Manfred.

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:31 am

I cannot find any reports on the BBC or ITV news websites for Manchester that report a man being killed in a pub. Wikipedia suggests that the attack happened on July 28th this year but there is no mention for that date either, therefore would members like me to ask Greater Manchester Police to confirm this?
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Yes please Harry. Someone on IH forum mentioned it may just be a rumor or sick joke.I really hope it is.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:24 pm

peter yates wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:45 pm
Yes please Harry. Someone on IH forum mentioned it may just be a rumor or sick joke.I really hope it is.Regards,Peter.
The only incident in a pub I can find reference to online is an attack near a pub in Stretford (but the people involved were all in their 20's). Greater Manchester Police state that without a street name, town or the name of the pub they cannot provide anymore details, therefore the next thing I am going to look for is his agent. However I cannot find any evidence that he has one, therefore the only thing I can suggest is ask for more details from Iron History, specfically the name of the pub, the name of the street it was in and the town. If they are unable to provide that detail then it is also certainly a hoax.
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:24 pm

Thanks Harry, there was no information on IH forum other than what i reported. My feeling is someone as well known as he was would have been reported on. I hope i jumped the gun with this and that he is still with us. Let you know if i hear anything else,thanks for the help.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:47 pm

On Wikipedia it mentions that he was killed in a Manchester pub on July 28,2019. But citation needed,so no source for the information.
Peter Yates

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:23 pm

From the lack of information regarding a well known iron game figure, it seems as if this is a cruel hoax.Cruel yes, but if it is an hoax then i will be glad to know that Manfred is still alive and well.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

raynobile

Post by raynobile » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:52 pm

today i have sent eamon toal a message. eamon runs a gym in manchester so hopefully he will know about manfred. i will post when i hear from him.

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Thanks Ray, i asked my mate Kevin Fitzgerald, who also lives in Manchester,if he had heard anything.He said nothing on the TV or local papers about it. It really does look like some low life troll has put out a false rumor, which although i detest such things i do hope that is the case in this instance. This is not the first time such a thing has happened and i dare say will not be the last.
Regards, Peter.
Peter Yates