Hello from France

Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself.
Behind the Scenes at HOPC: Diane Robert Site Administrator, David Gentle Historian, Gil Waldron Research Historian,Ron Tyrrell Historian, Peter Yates Editor-in-Chief. DannyBoy and Harry Hayfield, Forum & Facebook Moderators

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, David Gentle

Viking

Hello from France

Post by Viking » Thu May 24, 2018 1:39 pm

Hello,

I am a French student of strength. I played quite extensively judo and kickboxing, without any specific strength training. Now, I plan - in the very near future - to learn Tai Chi.

Since I stopped martial arts, I tackled Simple and Sinister from P. Tstatsouline. I reached "Solid" Standard (so, like Simple, but with 40kg bell). Now, I am just on a maintenance basis regarding the turkish get up. I managed to get the bent press with 40 as well. I also did calisthenics. Currently, I simply maintain my "top" moves: Ring muscle up, one arm chin up, one arm one leg push up with elevated feet, free standing handstand push ups, pistol squat and front lever.

Recently, I got involved in the light dumbbell routine from E. Sandow, using the D. Bolton remastered version. I do it on an everyday basis in the morning. In the evening, I do Maxalding exercises, which I consider as an almost form of Yoga.

Since I am in these practices, I noticed that I control my body far better, while maintaining my maximal strength without any risk of injury. I guess this is more sustainable.

Kind regards,

sticksb

Re: Hello from France

Post by sticksb » Thu May 24, 2018 2:59 pm

Bienvenue Viking . I know you will find a good home here for training advise. Many
excellent martial arts people in the forum .

Viking

Post by Viking » Thu May 24, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words !

Kind regards

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Thu May 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Bonjour Viking.

Viking

Post by Viking » Sat May 26, 2018 4:48 pm

Salut Mobster,

Merci :)

Kind regards,

sticksb

Post by sticksb » Tue May 29, 2018 2:04 am

IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg (172.07 KiB) Viewed 1945 times

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:21 pm

Hello Viking,
just back from UK and catching up,so a very warm welcome to the site.You certainly have a lot of accomplishments and have a good varied training background such as many old timers had. Look forward to your posts and hope you stay around and become a regular on the forum.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

EddieSKap

Hello from France

Post by EddieSKap » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:44 am

just wanted to say hello - jst found this forum and am looking forward to speaking to some others on here...

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:13 pm

Hello Eddie,
a warm welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. We are are a small but dedicated and friendly group who enjoy sharing information and helping each other. Any participation is appreciated and we all benefit from each other's experience and specialities, so feel free to post.Would you mind telling us a little more about yourself and what your background and interests in Physical Culture are? Anyway looking forward to hearing more from you.You may also consider joining the library which contains some rare and wonderful books and articles, some not available elsewhere.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Madeleine Barber

Post by Madeleine Barber » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:20 pm

Viking wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 1:39 pm
Hello,

I am a French student of strength. I played quite extensively judo and kickboxing, without any specific strength training. Now, I plan - in the very near future - to learn Tai Chi.

Since I stopped martial arts, I tackled Simple and Sinister from P. Tstatsouline. I reached "Solid" Standard (so, like Simple, but with 40kg bell). Now, I am just on a maintenance basis regarding the turkish get up. I managed to get the bent press with 40 as well. I also did calisthenics. Currently, I simply maintain my "top" moves: Ring muscle up, one arm chin up, one arm one leg push up with elevated feet, free standing handstand push ups, pistol squat and front lever.

Recently, I got involved in the light dumbbell routine from E. Sandow, using the D. Bolton remastered version. I do it on an everyday basis in the morning. In the evening, I do Maxalding exercises, which I consider as an almost form of Yoga.

Since I am in these practices, I noticed that I control my body far better, while maintaining my maximal strength without any risk of injury. I guess this is more sustainable.

Kind regards,
Hi from UK! I've just joined this forum too.