Moved my Home Gym

Topics that focus on building strength and muscle using old school and modern training techniques. Post questions, share training tips and programs.

Moderator: sticksb

Re: Moved my Home Gym

Postby dhartnet » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:33 pm

I tried to make a video, didnt come out good, went sideways :)

https://youtu.be/V0jS_BAgEdc
---------
~Dave
dhartnet

Postby peter yates » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:18 pm

Nice one Dave, have a stiff neck now but it was worth it. :lol: Wishing you some cracking workouts in there mate.
Peter Yates
peter yates

Postby colinkbell » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Very good Dave. I also in recent weeks converted my gym from olympic lifting to general weight training. It was actually quite sad for me as i took my platform apart, great memories came flooding back. Its amazing how attached i get to my equipment. My platform is gone,my rubber is sitting in garden but my Eleiko is staying!
" Strengthen ye the weak hands and confirm the feeble knees" Isaiah 35 v3
colinkbell

Postby dhartnet » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:54 pm

Thanks guys, it is funny how attached we get to our iron-game stuff, cheers...
---------
~Dave
dhartnet

Postby Tom K » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:35 pm

What a great looking place to train, my dream is to have a home gym at some point.
Tom K

Postby sticksb » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:05 pm

I've always been torn between a small tidy orderly space and balls
to the wall shit strewn everywhere . Now near the end of my string
it seems smaller is more manageable . May the iron spirits forgive me .
sticksb

Postby colinkbell » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:13 pm

My gym is very small, being a garden shed. Maybe that`s largely why my snatches were known for being pretty accurate. They had to be, no choice.Another lifter once visited to train and said he had nightmares the rest of the week about it! But to tell you the truth if i had a pot of money that allowed me to have one twice the size, i wouldn't change it at all!
colinkbell

Postby peter yates » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:11 pm

Hi Colin, glad you love your gym mate.Those places are sanctuary for people like us.Hope you are getting your groove back.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates
peter yates

Postby colinkbell » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:30 pm

peter yates wrote:Hi Colin, glad you love your gym mate.Those places are sanctuary for people like us.Hope you are getting your groove back.
Regards,Peter.

Thanks Peter. Plus my gym is the only one in the world that plays Mario Lanza :D :D :D
colinkbell

Postby dhartnet » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:18 am

Sticks, you are right. Smaller spaces are easier to manage. I still have 12-45 lb. York's, 3 York Power Bars, 10-Ivanko 45's, many York 25's, 35's, 10's, etc. I even kept a 310 lb. Weider (Canada) set. I put an ad on Craigslist on FRI for a Dicks Sporting Goods, 300 lb. set (Fitness Gear "Junk"). I got tons of people reaching out. (I put it for 50.00). I had a Golds Gym set (300 lbs) and another Weider set (Korea). So 3 guys showed up, I ended up selling some squat stands and a bench in my shed (25.00 each, a STEEL) :) and I gave tons of things away to all the people who bought. (D-Bells, standard Billard bars and plates, York standard plates, solid d-bells, etc).

One guy was a collector, I gave him the old wooden d-bells (3 Stooges) and 35 lb. Jack LaLAnne/Legacy plates, lots of stuff.

I ended up w/ 200.00 in cash, lots of things cleared out, and many happy people w/ iron. Last guy is building a home gym for his 2 sons, he left here w/ a truck load of iron, he said he hit the iron lottery...

Going to my Ma's today, going to give her a 50.00 dollar bill (from this sale) to enjoy her week (strict budget, so she will like this for old lady Bingo and stuff), and Jule and I will go out to eat. Iron makes world go around... (Gym is updated a bit, Ill post a few more pics when my phone charges)...
---------
~Dave
dhartnet

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Training