A PC sum that needs explaining

Join the Discussion Group! We invite you to share your comments, insights and questions on the History of Physical Culture.

Moderators: DannyBoy, peter yates, Harry Hayfield

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:55 pm

Take one two thousand year old Timelord + some of history's biggest and strongest men + a selection of villains from all over time and space = A brand new fan based series of Doctor Who stories which I am pleased to say I have had a lot of input into.

Several weeks ago a friend on social media who had asked me to help with an abortive Doctor Who fan film series using the Second Life computer game asked if I was interested in writing for a new series of audio productions that he was planning. I said that I would be and asked what options were open to me. He explained that in these series, the Doctor had regenerated into a powerhouse of a man, so I suggested that having never been one before he might decide to find some people who were powerhouses in order to find out what it means to be strong. The produced lapped this idea up and basically gave me carte blanche. Therefore I have written two stories (with a third in the pipeline based on his requirements) and thought that you might like to know that the first story called "Desolation of the Cybermen" will be published before the end of the year and see the Doctor arrive in Georgian England, facing off against the Cybermen and aided by a person very familiar to everyone here, namely, Mr. Thomas Topham of Islington, London.

Other stories will feature such muscular luminaries as Issac de Porthau, Duke Christopher of Bavaria, and a character of my own invention who has one two or small nods towards He-Man
Attachments
Thomas Topham Lifting Barrels
Thomas Topham Lifting Barrels
Thomas Topham (Undated).jpg (69.55 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

Harry Hayfield

Re: A PC sum that needs explaining

Post by Harry Hayfield » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:34 pm

I was expecting this story to launch in several weeks time, but it launched today so here's the first of several Physical Culture inspired Doctor Who stories written by myself and presented by Kerian Twine of TwineLightMedia and I would very much appreciate people telling me if I have the biographical details correct (as I took a lot of it from materials posted here in the past)

youtu.be/tPGQBOUb75U
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:14 am

Harry, super stories, super stuff and i am please you give our site the acknowledgements of being your sourse for information about earlier strongmen. David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
https://davidgentle.com

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Great job, Harry.We certainly have some talented people on this site.Is this going to be an on going project for you? BTW do you know someone called Ian Levine?
Regards, Peter.
Peter Yates

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:42 pm

peter yates wrote:Great job, Harry.We certainly have some talented people on this site.Is this going to be an on going project for you? BTW do you know someone called Ian Levine? Regards, Peter.
It is indeed, future stories will feature Issac de Porthau (the influence behind Porthos), the Duke Christopher of Bavaria (him of the stone in Munich castle fame) and for all those Game of Thrones fanatics the influence behind the Mountain (Orm Storolfsson) from Viking era Norway.

With regards to Ian Levine, I will be honest and say that it is a name that I am not familiar with but should point out that I don't know that many people actually due to my location. However, if my past is any guide it is more than likely he knows of me (as most people I meet for the first time have heard of me in one way or another)

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:47 pm

Sounds interesting Harry. Good stuff. No i mentioned Ian because he was known as the #1 Dr Who fan and at one time owned all the old scripts. He was also a top DJ and record producer and that is the capacity in which i knew him.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

EddieSKap

Post by EddieSKap » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:37 pm

I am surprised that this forum seems a little to quiet around here and it seems that only like 5 of the same people go here every day and I started wondering do you think that this forum needs a lot more members than it already has?

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi Eddie,
yes it seems that there are only a few of us keeping things going and unfortunately one of our key members passed away recently. However the members we do have are polite, knowledgeable, experienced in many facets of Physical Culture and wiling share experience and information for the benefit of all.Yes more contributing members would be good, but better a small dedicated group helping each other than just numbers of those who want to argue, bash or put down other's point of view.Glad you have joined us and hope to hear more from you.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates