Streamlines by Ramesh Balsekar

Latest announcements and news from the History of Physical Culture.

Moderators: Harry Hayfield, DannyBoy, drob357

drob357
Site Admin

Streamlines by Ramesh Balsekar

Post by drob357 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:09 pm

PHYSICAL CULTURE IN INDIA
Subscribe to the History of Physical Culture Library www.davidgentle.com

Enjoy this beautifully rendered reproduction of this fascinating book representing Physical Culture in India. Includes stunning classic bodybuilding poses!

Uday Shankar Says…
“The equilibrium between the mind and the body, the Purusha and the Prakriti of the Sankhya, the soul and energy, matter and spirit, have always demanded great care in India. Both are subject to training and discipline, and the growth of one at the cost of the other will mean disharmony.
It Is a pleasure to find India devoting attention to physical culture, and the name of Ramesh Balsekar might be mentioned as an instance of a perfect human specimen in its physical development. This will be clear to all those who go through the plates of this book. The purpose of this book will be fulfilled if young men and women of India start to realise the importance of developing a healthy, beautiful and proportionate body.” Subscribe www.davidgentle.com
Diane Robert
Chief Librarian/Site Administrator
http://www.davidgentle.com

David Gentle

Re: Streamlines by Ramesh Balsekar

Post by David Gentle » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:41 am

Indian p.c. is very important in the history of physical culture, both Sandow and EArle Liederman features some amazing examples of top Indian physical culturists as their old classic books show. David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
http://davidgentle.com

peter yates

Re: Streamlines by Ramesh Balsekar

Post by peter yates » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Thanks for posting Diane.
I totally agree with you David. India has a long rich history of PC activity,Yoga being a part of that but there is much more. For instance the training of wrestlers in India is unique and produced some of the world's best. I am impressed how Indian practitioners took the information coming from the west from such luminaries as Sandow and combined it with their own PC methods creating a very complete package. From what i can see HOPC library has one of the best collections of PC literature from India. I hope we can interest more enthusiasts from the Indian sub-continent to join the library and perhaps help the collection to grow even more.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates