Urgent request for strength atheltes for Wales

Latest announcements and news from the History of Physical Culture.

Moderators: Harry Hayfield, DannyBoy, drob357

Harry Hayfield

Urgent request for strength atheltes for Wales

Post by Harry Hayfield » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:32 pm

(Source: Ieuan Butler, owner of YoYo's Gym, Crymych, Pembrokeshire)
WITH REGRET to inform that the Welsh might be canceled due to lack of competitors. We currently have 6 paid entrants with 6 more showing interest but not enough to run or hold a competition. Yo-yo is extending cut of date to April 14th. Please read share tag this post. Don't forget as well as competitor entry fee you need to be a BNSF member please go on to bnsf page. People ask why pay to compete. Entry fee helps towards Ts & trophies. As a drug tested event a membership fee is needed. Yo-yo is truly sorry this event might be cancelled. There's a 2 week extension to dead line. The BNSF offer a British &.world invite. It's not your regular open gym competition. Please like share & leave a message
This is the contest that Ieuan has very kindly agreed that I can report on for the forum and as it's the only one I know of that is not only near to me but that I can actually get to it would be a great shame for it not to happen, therefore if members wish to enter please contact Ieuan via his Facebook account at https://www.facebook.com/ieuan.butler
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)