Diane on leave

Latest announcements and news from the History of Physical Culture.

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, drob357

peter yates

Diane on leave

Post by peter yates » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:22 pm

For the attention of all members,Diane wanted me to let everyone know that that for the next couple of weeks she will be involved in a project that will take her away from the site.So there will be little if any new material going into the library.However there is enough in there to keep anyone busy for quite a few years.Good luck with your project Diane.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Harry Hayfield

Re: Diane on leave

Post by Harry Hayfield » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:05 am

peter yates wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:22 pm
For the attention of all members,Diane wanted me to let everyone know that that for the next couple of weeks she will be involved in a project that will take her away from the site.So there will be little if any new material going into the library.However there is enough in there to keep anyone busy for quite a few years.Good luck with your project Diane. Regards,Peter.
And although I will be doing something in the same ilk as Diane between now and the end of May, I shall try my best to ensure that the Physical Culturist competition carries on as well as report on the Welsh Strongman contest on Sunday (therefore Peter, your thoughts on the question I asked you would be very welcome)
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Hi Harry, sorry i cannot find the question,could you please remind me.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:09 pm

peter yates wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:52 pm
Hi Harry, sorry i cannot find the question,could you please remind me. Regards,Peter.
I have now bought a bridge camera (better than a digital camera, but not quite a DLSR) and am pleased to report that it is perfect for the event on Sunday. I have also made a list of the events (that I will place on my tablet which I will have with me) but wanted to know are there any standardised ways of reporting such events? For instance, do I report on everything after the event (the winner was (name) who won (classes) and scored (how ever many) points), or do I report on each event by class?
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:41 pm

Well Harry, i am not sure if there is a standard way as i have seen it done both ways.I would say do what is the most convenient for you though others may have a preference. Which ever way you do it i am looking forward to reading the results and seeing some photos.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:02 pm

If anyone deserves a holiday, its our Diane. I hope she has a welcome break and returns refreshed for the fray. David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
http://davidgentle.com

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:01 pm

Hi David, i certainly agree that Diane deserves a holiday, but unfortunately she will still be very busy working on another project non HOPC related.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates