legacy

Latest announcements and news from the History of Physical Culture.

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, drob357

sticksb

legacy

Post by sticksb » Fri May 03, 2019 9:06 am

[img][attachment=0]IMG.
Attachments
IMG.jpg
IMG.jpg (34.53 KiB) Viewed 321 times

peter yates

Re: legacy

Post by peter yates » Fri May 03, 2019 12:47 pm

Hi Chris,
so glad we met when we did. We have enjoyed some good times together and i have enjoyed our collaborations immensely.Like David has already mentioned your illustration bring everything to life and i know what you have woven in to the tapestry of HOPC has given real substance and will be enjoyed by many more for many years. You have also woven yourself into our hearts mate. You are one of a kind and the best of men. Proud to be your friend.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Fri May 03, 2019 9:24 pm

peter yates wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:47 pm
Hi Chris, so glad we met when we did. We have enjoyed some good times together and i have enjoyed our collaborations immensely.Like David has already mentioned your illustration bring everything to life and i know what you have woven in to the tapestry of HOPC has given real substance and will be enjoyed by many more for many years. You have also woven yourself into our hearts mate. You are one of a kind and the best of men. Proud to be your friend. Regards,Peter.
A sentiment that I absolutely agree with as well
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy » Sun May 05, 2019 9:12 pm

I'm not even sure what to say to this now that I know that Sticks passed away shortly after posting it. It is like he wrote his own obituary, as Richie stated in the other thread. I guess I'll just say this; Thank you Sticks for leaving us with these final words of wisdom!

Rest in peace my friend.
peter yates wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:47 pm
Hi Chris,
so glad we met when we did. We have enjoyed some good times together and i have enjoyed our collaborations immensely.Like David has already mentioned your illustration bring everything to life and i know what you have woven in to the tapestry of HOPC has given real substance and will be enjoyed by many more for many years. You have also woven yourself into our hearts mate. You are one of a kind and the best of men. Proud to be your friend.
Regards,Peter.
Beautiful words, Peter, and I agree wholeheartedly!