Chris[ Sticks] Bostick In Memoriam

Latest announcements and news from the History of Physical Culture.

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, drob357

drob357
Site Admin

Chris[ Sticks] Bostick In Memoriam

Post by drob357 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:05 pm

May 4, 2019

Chris [Sticks] Bostick In Memoriam
https://www.davidgentle.com/about/bostick.html

The HOPC Team received the very sad news that our beloved member and illustrator 'Sticks' passed away yesterday morning (May 3rd, 2019). Artist, musician, fabricator of exercise equipment and all-round decent guy, Chris has played an integral role in the development of HOPC. The volume of work he has contributed is amazing when one considers he was working several jobs and was also caregiver to his ailing brother.

Happier Times - Peter, Chris and Tony.

Chris and i met when we were both contributors to Rob Drucker's Muscles of Iron site, and from that time on we became and remained firm friends. We undertook quite a few projects together and were in regular contact. It did not take me long to realize that he was a good, kind and generous human being concerned for the welfare of others. Many times he would make equipment for youngsters who had little money and give them solid training programs so they could train at home.
He was caregiver for both of his parents and his younger brother until they passed. He did this always with love and compassion and no complaint. He had a great sense of humor which would often show in his art work and took pleasure in giving pleasure. His work has without doubt enhanced the quality of HOPC as he entertained, amused and instructed through it. It is a wonderful legacy he leaves behind even though he now leaves a void that cannot be filled. How blessed I was to have known him, spent time with him and lucky to have him as a friend. Now he is at peace and we must let go. God bless you dear Sticks and may you find eternal rest.

Our sincerest condolences to his sister Diane, family and friends.
Peter Yates, HOPC Editor-in-Chief
Diane Robert
Chief Librarian/Site Administrator
https://davidgentle.com

DannyBoy

Re: Chris[ Sticks] Bostick In Memoriam

Post by DannyBoy » Sun May 05, 2019 9:05 pm

Beautiful words, Peter! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful tribute to Sticks!

drob357
Site Admin

Post by drob357 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:22 am

Diane Robert
Chief Librarian/Site Administrator

colinkbell

Post by colinkbell » Mon May 06, 2019 7:07 am

This is extremely sad. I am personally devastated with it. Should any of Chris` remaining family and friends read this - i pass on my sincere thoughts and prayers. I will write in again when it has sunk in more. At present i am too sad to put words together. What a loss, what a great terrible loss. You are missed Chris. Colin.
" Strengthen ye the weak hands and confirm the feeble knees" Isaiah 35 v3

Mobster

Post by Mobster » Mon May 06, 2019 7:31 am

What an awesome guy - I'm blessed to have known him if only a little

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Mon May 06, 2019 9:31 am

I suggest we put our dear departed friend Chris in a new postumous HOPC, HALL OF FAME, he really was number one and his parting leaves me with tears on my keyboard.David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture

Talbot

Post by Talbot » Mon May 06, 2019 8:00 pm

My suggestion is to gather up all of Sticks posts on these forums, and post them in the Strongman Database, alomg with posts about him. I truly believe he deserves that.