CWLC WEIGHTS

We invite you to post books, magazines, posters or other PC memorabilia you wish to buy, sell or trade.

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, David Gentle

pip1969

CWLC WEIGHTS

Post by pip1969 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi there, I’ve been trying to find out if the weights I inherited from my wife’s grandad are worth anything, I have over
105 lbs in mixed CWLC plates, Charles passed away in 1996 aged 90 and he’d owned them since his teens, Any advice would be much appreciated.
Kind regards Kevin Perkins.

Internalfitness

Re: CWLC WEIGHTS

Post by Internalfitness » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:43 pm

Hi Kevin,

Must look a bit like these do they:

http://www.davidgentle.com/forum/viewto ... 5&start=20

Is it just the plates or the bar & collars too?

Richie.

pip1969

Post by pip1969 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:46 pm

Hi Richie, the magority of the discs say CWLC on them and there are some discs what have been made into 2, and I e also got a few 4ft solid bars and a couple of short bars I use as dumbells and I’ve got some really old collars with bolts going through them which you have to tighten with a whrech hope this helps Kev

Handson

Post by Handson » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:26 pm

Hi Kevin
I've sent you a PM.

Regards

Handson

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:53 pm

Hi Kevin, first welcome to the forum. These days the only CWLC plates that seem to surface are from situations such as yours. There may be sets stuck in basements and attics that never see the light of day.We had quite a few at the gym i first trained in and I know several people that collect them and as you now know Handson has a fine set. If possible could you give us more information about Charles? Full name, training information, any photos etc. it is such people that the history of physical culture is based around.Do you train yourself?
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates