The Best Physical Culturists of the 1980's

Stay tuned! This Forum will be officially launched Dec. 31, 2018 by Moderator, Harry Hayfield.
Best Physical Culturists representing each decade during the past 100 years.

Moderators: Harry Hayfield, drob357

Harry Hayfield

The Best Physical Culturists of the 1980's

Post by Harry Hayfield » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:35 am

Overview
If the 1970's was the decade when muscle ruled the world, the 1980's was the decade it dominated. You could not move for demonstrations of muscular physiques in everything that existed. This was the decade when Superman packed on nearly two hundred pounds of lean muscle, Batman was seen benching 1,000lbs for reps, and even Wonder Woman started to pile on the muscle. It was the same in television with He-Man, Thundercats and other animated superheroes literally bulging at the seams with muscle, so it should come as no surprise to hear that in the gyms of the world, the bodybuilders started to pack on the pounds as well. As for the ladies, they too started to make their presence felt with the first ever Ms. Olympia contests being held in the 1980's.

Rules
1) All nominees must have been born prior to 1960
2) All nominees must have come to public prominence between 1980 and 1989
3) Nominations will be accepted in text (name of physical culturist), images or video (labelled with the name, country of birth and date of image)
4) Nominations will close at 0000 PDT on August 8th 2019
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

raynobile

Re: The Best Physical Culturists of the 1980's

Post by raynobile » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:13 am

my nomination for bodybuilding is dorian yates.
my nomination for strongman is bill kazmier.