New Routine for November

Topics that focus on building strength and muscle using old school and modern training techniques. Post questions, share training tips and programs.

Moderator: peter yates

28kgKB

New Routine for November

Post by 28kgKB » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:58 pm

Owning to various commitments I decided to change things up a bit to work around those commitments. I was researching routine info and re-found the Vince Gironda 8x8 routine with suggested exercises. The version I found is: chest and back on day one, Legs on day two, rest day three, shoulders and arms day four, rest day five, day six....lather, rinse, repeat. I will be including cardio work in there as well on random days to include either using my recumbent bike or my water rower.

The only change I made to things is that I reduced the sets from 8 down to 4 now using a 4x8 scheme. I'm liking the higher reps as its giving my body and mind a bit of a rest from the heavy, power rack influenced, grinding reps. I'm able to use a little bit lighter weight (giving my joints a break, too) which is working well. I'm only on the first week of this routine but plan on using it thru the end of the year at least.

John