Speedy recovery Liam

Latest announcements and news from the History of Physical Culture.

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, drob357

peter yates

Speedy recovery Liam

Post by peter yates » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:42 pm

Please join me in wishing Liam a speedy recovery from a recent accident.He tore his quadriceps tendon and will be immobilized in that leg for 6 weeks.Liam is an iron warrior and i know he will be putting in some interesting workouts in the next few weeks. Stay strong mate, wishing you a complete recovery from all of us at HOPC.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

raynobile

Re: Speedy recovery Liam

Post by raynobile » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:43 am

yes liam i too wish you a speedy recovery. as you are imobilized from the waist down you can use this to your advantage. get lots of upper body workouts in. use light dumbells for high reps. also bodyweight dips and pushups and if posible chins all done for maximum reps. knowing you you are probaly already doing similar, take care and think positive, regards, ray.

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:03 am

peter yates wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:42 pm
Please join me in wishing Liam a speedy recovery from a recent accident.He tore his quadriceps tendon and will be immobilized in that leg for 6 weeks.Liam is an iron warrior and i know he will be putting in some interesting workouts in the next few weeks. Stay strong mate, wishing you a complete recovery from all of us at HOPC. Regards,Peter.
Oh dear, as someone who is suffering from something that is preventing him from walking without pain, I can fully sympathise with that situation. May I ask how he did this (and how easy is it to do something like that) as having been in effect, disabled, for the last eleven weeks, I want to ensure that when I am back to being able to go to the gym again I don't do anything that prevents me from going.
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:42 pm

I am sure Liam will not mind me letting you know as he has already made it public and has warned others to be careful.He slipped in the shower,something that happens quite often,there and the kitchen of course. So please be aware and careful when on tiles etc.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:42 pm

peter yates wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:42 pm
I am sure Liam will not mind me letting you know as he has already made it public and has warned others to be careful.He slipped in the shower,something that happens quite often,there and the kitchen of course. So please be aware and careful when on tiles etc. Regards,Peter.
That is something I have been aware of ever since we got a shower in 2011. We always have a padded material on the ground that is permanently fixed so that you cannot slip no matter what the conditions are.
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:29 pm

Good thinking Harry, especially with elderly people in the house.Of course it can happen to anyone so best be prepared.
Peter Yates