Request for Ron Tyrrell

Latest announcements and news from the History of Physical Culture.

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, drob357

peter yates

Request for Ron Tyrrell

Post by peter yates » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi everyone, Gil Waldron has just informed me that PC historian and HOPC contributor, Ron Tyrrell is in hospital and quite ill. Some of you may know that Ron has been suffering with the insidious illness,Parkinson's disease, any other infection compounds the problem. Ron is one of the very few people alive today who has trained with William Pullum, Thomas Inch and Court Saldo,the latter whom he had a particular close relationship with.Gil has suggested that Ron would really appreciate hearing from his fellow PC enthusiasts, so if you have a moment please write a few words of encouragement to Ron and send them to Gil who will collect them and send to Ron's wife Cynthia.Ron has contributed so much to Physical Culture,so let us give him something back in his time of need to let him know that the community is thinking of him and also perhaps saying a prayer or two.Thank you.
Regards,Peter. [gilbert.waldron@ntlworld.com]
Peter Yates

Mobster

Re: Request for Ron Tyrrell

Post by Mobster » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:08 pm

Done

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:42 pm

Thanks Steve.
Peter Yates

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:46 pm

Thanks to Peter and Gil for letting me know, have sent Gil a letter to forward to Ron who i consider one of the greatest experts and writers ever on Maxalding, but more than that, i wanted to thank Ron for his what seems to me a life long friendship, we have known each other for many a muscle mag. may he feel better and begin to recover soon, we miss him and i send my love to him and Cynthia. Also our friends Paul and Sue Shaw, come many miles down from ancient York to visit and check up on Ron, so thanks to them also for keeping us up to date. God bless, David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
https://davidgentle.com

drob357
Site Admin

Post by drob357 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:52 pm

Thank you Peter for keeping us informed. Ron is an extraordinary writer and historian and a beloved member of the HOPC Team. We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.
Diane Robert
Chief Librarian/Site Administrator

Gil Waldron

Post by Gil Waldron » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:46 pm

Hi Folks
Thank You for all the kind messages for Ron. Ron was a great contributor to Sandow Plus and the Maxalding site, without him articles wouldn't have been written and contacts made. Ron is a fighter he's fought against all odds for the last 30 years. He was on kidney dialysis for over 10 years. He then had a successful transplant only then to be stricken with Parkinson's disease. He still didn't give up and the articles kept coming from his talented pen. Ron I'm sure will just look at this as another set back and come back fighting. Your messages will give him a further boost.
I have printed them all off and posted them to Cynthia his wife

Thank you again

Gil
Gil Waldron
Chief Moderator
Research Historian/Contributing Editor