Whilst having sciatica at the moment...

Post your favourite Physical Culture YouTube videos. Also visit the "Features" area of our site for a wide selection of fascinating videos that are sure to please.

Moderators: drob357, David Gentle

Harry Hayfield

Whilst having sciatica at the moment...

Post by Harry Hayfield » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:19 pm

...does not mean that my plan to step onto the contest stage by the end of 2024 is abandoned. Delayed, maybe, but certainly not abandoned, so in the meantime I am doing what I can do by working out a) what a contest posing routine would require, b) what musical elements can be included and c) determining what type of photographs should be taken. Whilst I believe I have the main understanding of the first two elements (although if members especially Ray have anything to add in that department, I would be more than happy to take that on board), with regard to the third element I have been told that just posting a photograph of a ripped, muscular physique is nothing unless you have a picture to compare it with before hand. This, to me, seems a perfectly reasonable statement, however as I also have an interest (and indeed desire) to seek election to public office at the same time, a semi naked picture of me on the internet wouldn't do anything to help, therefore could I ask "If I were to post a picture of my physical stature before any long term training plan was in place, which of the following methods would you believe is the best?" (as shown in the pictures attached)

Method A: Pixelating my face using an photo editing programme?
Method B: Only posting a picture of my torso?
Method C: Posting a picture from below the neck?
Attachments
Method C
Method C
Method C.png (336.7 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Method B
Method B
IMG_0947.JPG (172.89 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Method A
Method A
Method A.png (569.4 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

David Gentle

Re: Whilst having sciatica at the moment...

Post by David Gentle » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:52 pm

Bloody hell man, what a great physique, we want to see more and why not show yourself in full glory, you may even get more votes for your politics, people will admire you for your great physique especially if you let them know how much determination and effort it took to achieve, i am truly amazed and recommend you come out in all your hard won glory. for safety sake, remember to add how your achieved such as great physique by natural means and foods and certainly not via steroids, get in there first before those lazy sods who sit on their asses like to run people down by saying "oh its easy he got that way with drugs" Well done mate, DAvid Gentle p.s my wife is currently suffering from sciatica and its no joke as it means i get to do the chores, be glad when she is back in full gear so i can laze around reading muscle mags....only kidding.
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
https://davidgentle.com

Harry Hayfield

Post by Harry Hayfield » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:55 pm

David Gentle wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:52 pm
Bloody hell man, what a great physique, we want to see more and why not show yourself in full glory, you may even get more votes for your politics, people will admire you for your great physique especially if you let them know how much determination and effort it took to achieve, i am truly amazed and recommend you come out in all your hard won glory. for safety sake, remember to add how your achieved such as great physique by natural means and foods and certainly not via steroids, get in there first before those lazy sods who sit on their asses like to run people down by saying "oh its easy he got that way with drugs" Well done mate, DAvid Gentle p.s my wife is currently suffering from sciatica and its no joke as it means i get to do the chores, be glad when she is back in full gear so i can laze around reading muscle mags....only kidding.
You are aware that those are examples of the types of photograph I am seeking consultation on and not what I actually look like at the moment? I have had this since the beginning of November and I am beginning to get sick to the back teeth of it.
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

Talbot

Post by Talbot » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:28 pm

@Harry Hayfield: Take full body pictures, now, and don't post them until, five years hence, you can use them as the "before" photos, once you achieve your physical development goals. At that point, everyone will congratulate you for your success!

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi Harry, re. the sciatica, i am sending an email with a PDF on trigger point therapy you can do at home.Study it and use it please.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:38 pm

Whoops, Harry sure had me fooled. re the pressure points,Peter my old china, could you also send me a copy of the pressure points for Rose, she is really in agony, she went back to the hospital, had xrays which shows wear of joints both in the thorax and also in the lumber region which appears to give her most pain, she is currently stacked up with cushions, hot water bottles, pain killing tablets and not much more, its so unusual to see her ill, usually she carries me, so any help would be welcome. and back to Harry, sorry mate, but it just shows how you could be and i still say get out there with all your glory demonstrating the will power it takes to train. David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture
https://davidgentle.com