MUSCLEANOUS ISSUE 9

Latest announcements and news from the History of Physical Culture.

Moderators: DannyBoy, Harry Hayfield, drob357

drob357
Site Admin

MUSCLEANOUS ISSUE 9

Post by drob357 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:24 pm

DON'T MISS THIS FASCINATING ISSUE OF MUSCLEANEOUS BY DAVID F. GENTLE!!
Subscribe to our Library by visiting www.davidgentle.com

Diane Robert
Chief Librarian/Site Administrator
https://davidgentle.com

David Gentle

Re: MUSCLEANOUS ISSUE 9

Post by David Gentle » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:35 pm

I just have to say what an excellent lay out job our Diane has done with my current Muscleanous, and i was completely amazed at how quick she managed to squeeze in the photos i sent over of my favourite bodybuilder John Grimek, sincere thanks Diane, now i just have to figure out how to off load it to print out as i intend to eventually have them bound for reading matter when the wife finally gets me hidden away in some old time bodybuilders home....David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:39 pm

Thanks Diane, another good read from David. :P
Peter Yates

raynobile

Post by raynobile » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:25 am

tried to read it. when i clicked on i got a message saying requested page could not be found. gremlins afoot methinks. ray.

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:53 pm

Ray, you gotta read it 'cus you are in it. Dave, i also got gremlins and cant print it out???? some one up there hates me. David Gentle
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture

drob357
Site Admin

Post by drob357 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:01 am

Hi David,

Another masterpiece. Well done!

An electronic copy of this issue is on its way via email.
Diane Robert

raynobile

Post by raynobile » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:08 am

yippee accessed page now. got in via davids reply, by typing in www.david gentle, which is below his avater post.couldnt ans still cant get in using the subscribe picture.usually this would take me to the library section. hope this makes sense, [ it does to me :D ]. great read as per usual david. you need to correct mick mcmanuses dob and dod. used to watch him a lot on tele in the 60s.did you get to know or meet the royal brothers, a tag team? i met shirley crabtree by chance. i was at my local library in hamilton, scotland. i noticed this big rotund figure sat reading a book, he looked familiar,it then dawned on me there was a wrestling tournament next door in the town hall later that night. it was big daddy in the flesh. i didnt aproach him as i knew he was wanting some soltitude. regards , ray.

David Gentle

Post by David Gentle » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:42 am

HI Ray The only reason Shirley C aka Big D would be in a library is to have a crafty kip, i dont think he was a great reader, and that series of "Horrible Histories" was not out then, although i suppose there may have been some books to colour in. By this you will gather i was not one of his fans, its a fact wrestling went down hill after his belly flopping era came in. I used to watch the Royals, real wrestlers with skill. When my grandchildren were born, their real dad, was away most of the time and i was retired(early at 47 to do full time writing)) i always had the kids, took them everywhere etc, so when they saw me, they called me "daddy" so i had to explain i was not their daddy,but grandad, they settled with "big daddy" because i was much larger then their real father and even now after all those decades, they still call me bid Daddy which i love. Finally got to print out the no 9 issue, and thought what a great job Diane does in putting it together, i send in a stack of photos and Diane fits them into the text. In the early days we used to literally paste in photos its a real art putting a magazine together made easier today by technology. David
David Gentle
Chief Moderator
Author & Historian,
Physical Culture

peter yates

Post by peter yates » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:14 pm

raynobile wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:08 am
yippee accessed page now. got in via davids reply, by typing in www.david gentle, which is below his avater post.couldnt ans still cant get in using the subscribe picture.usually this would take me to the library section. hope this makes sense, [ it does to me :D ]. great read as per usual david. you need to correct mick mcmanuses dob and dod. used to watch him a lot on tele in the 60s.did you get to know or meet the royal brothers, a tag team? i met shirley crabtree by chance. i was at my local library in hamilton, scotland. i noticed this big rotund figure sat reading a book, he looked familiar,it then dawned on me there was a wrestling tournament next door in the town hall later that night. it was big daddy in the flesh. i didnt aproach him as i knew he was wanting some soltitude. regards , ray.
Hi Ray, being from the next town i was very familiar with Royal brothers and their father Lew Faulkner who had been a wrestler in the tough old days and taught the boys.Sometimes they were the Royal Brothers [mother's name],sometimes the Faulkners, when fighting singly Bert was always Royal and Vic was always Faulkner. They were the real deal much like George Kidd and others of the time.
Gil Waldron lived down the road from Shirley Crabtree and remembers him when he had a great physique. He has lots of stories about him and may post some here.
Mick McManus DOB Jan 11,1921. DOD May 22,2013.
Regards,Peter.
Peter Yates

drob357
Site Admin

Post by drob357 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:40 pm

cant get in using the subscribe picture.usually this would take me to the library section
Hi Ray,

Here is the login link to the Library. https://www.davidgentle.com/amember/member
Note: You can also use the "Sign-In" button on the top navigation menu of www.davidgentle.com

I hope this helps!
Diane Robert